Different Weights in Your Putter? Have You Tried It?

golfinnut

DANNY LE! WHAT A GUY!
Albatross 2024 Club
Reaction score
Handicap
HEAT!
So we all know that you can adjust the weight in our drivers & fairway woods, front or back, depending on ball flight desired. But what if you put two different weights in your putter head? Like a 20g in the toe & a 40g in the heel? What effects are you going to see?

Without having a device to see the numbers, club path, face angle, etc. & how it would impact club delivery to the ball, I was just wondering :unsure: what the overall effect would be. Put the heavier weight in the toe to help close the face? So if you tend to push putts or miss to the right? Or is that the other way around?

1634661792114.png1634661804713.png

I was thinking of fooling around with these in my Scotty. It originally came with 15g weights. I currently have 25g weights in the head, only because I prefer it to be heavier. Maybe that's why I have the touch of a civil war surgeon? :unsure: I tend to blow putts by the hole. At least in the last couple of rounds & it's costing me strokes.

Thoughts?

I had a scotty where I put some heavier weight in them. Tried a few and went in the middle weight wise. I liked the feel and control of more weight.

I did it with my Chicago, came with a 7 and sits at a 20 right now and is perfect. Tried a 35 but that was to heavy and lost some feel.

There was a good video on the effects of moving the weights around like that last winter I think. Can't remember who did it though..

I play with the weights in mine until I get everything with the right feel and balance, but wouldn't vary them toe to heel.

I would like to play around with weight in my Toulon Chicago, I think it is a little light. @Snickerdog where did you pick up heavier weights and tool or is there something else that does the trick. If I was smart I’d initially start with some lead tape to dial in….now I just need to find my lead tape. Good winter science project.

I would like to play around with weight in my Toulon Chicago, I think it is a little light. @Snickerdog where did you pick up heavier weights and tool or is there something else that does the trick. If I was smart I’d initially start with some lead tape to dial in….now I just need to find my lead tape. Good winter science project.
I got a weight kit from a friend from Callaway. (They do have them listed on the website again) The wrench is just a Torx bit head, I would have to check size tonight when I get home for you.

Curious about this as well because I am leaning on picking up a SC phantom and I'm guessing my putter fitting tonight is gonna recommend a face balanced mallet. I imagine you wouldn't want to mismatch the weights in a FB model however.:unsure:

I tried it many years ago. Thought I'd get cute and play with the weights based on green speed. It was a short experiment and I haven't bothered since

Back