Directed Force Becomes L.A.B. Golf

I just picked up a DF 2.1 putter. I have rolled it on the carpet a few times, but have not made it to the course yet. Question....do you have to put the ball slightly forward in your stance when using it?

I just picked up a DF 2.1 putter. I have rolled it on the carpet a few times, but have not made it to the course yet. Question....do you have to put the ball slightly forward in your stance when using it?
Theoretically yes, but not as much as you think. It depends on how much forward press that you used or didn't use with your previous putters. I would suggest finding a 15-20 foot straight putt and experiment with move the ball slightly forward until you consistently feel the sweet spot and that's where you should play it. I found my ball position only moved about an inch, but I never really forward pressed before.

Theoretically yes, but not as much as you think. It depends on how much forward press that you used or didn't use with your previous putters. I would suggest finding a 15-20 foot straight putt and experiment with move the ball slightly forward until you consistently feel the sweet spot and that's where you should play it. I found my ball position only moved about an inch, but I never really forward pressed before.

You really shouldn't need to. The grip is set so that it is straight in line with the face. The shaft comes out of the grip at an angle so that it enters the center of the head. You should be able to set up normally and be in line. There is a bit of an illusion because of the angle of the shaft, but the grip and face are straight in line by design.

GO to youtube. The inventor has a video on ball position.

Have not seen it.

Have not seen it.

There's this thing called youtube ... and other annoying things on youtube called search terms. Maybe if you're a boomer, you don't know about it. But then, I'm a Boomer. In the vid, he keeps on saying "Look at the tip of the shaft." Something we all want to say to our SO.

Last edited:
There's this thing called youtube ... and other annoying things on youtube called search terms. Maybe if you're a boomer, you don't know about it. But then, I'm a Boomer. In the vid, he keeps on saying "Look at the tip of the shaft." Something we all want to say to our SO.

Ok I have a putter with the shaft position like that. It’s in the back of my truck. I never would have searched alien putter. ;)

I began using this putter recently and see a lot of value, I think they key with this putter is to trust the science behind it and really soften your grip. This thing is designed not to twist. See this video and the device he uses

DF or Lab is a little light in the head for me -- but easy to start the stroke. I had speed control issues with it.

Thanks for the tips and sharing this video.

I just bought a 2.1. It rolls nice on the putting green and am looking forward to getting it on the course when it warms up. Anyone else using one?

I just bought a 2.1. It rolls nice on the putting green and am looking forward to getting it on the course when it warms up. Anyone else using one?
Just put one into play. Very happy with it.

Nice podcast on L.A.B putters from the Morning Read. I am still love playing mine this season.

Back