Scorp

Lacking competent adult supervision
Albatross 2024 Club
Reaction score
Handicap
I've got an issue with my DirecTV... nothing really much more than a first world problem... I keep having my DirecTV DVR automatically record Street Outlaws... which wouldn't be so bad if I liked the show but I don't... and I'm getting tired of deleting the recordings. I don't set the show to record... it just does.

Does anyone else have this issue with their DirecTV recording stuff on its own and why?

No one else in my house is setting the show to record... it's not watched in my house. I'm guessing it's likely coming from a time slot I recorded something else... maybe that was moved or canceled and this show was replacing it. But once it's deleted it shouldn't keep coming back. Right?

If you press menu, then go into recordings, then manage recordings. You will see series manager and manual recording setup.

most likely one of these two areas has a recording setup for this show or time slot. Go and delete it.

One of the best days of my life was the day my subdivision got fiber internet. That call to DirecTV to tell them to go pound sand..... ah what a moment. 12 years of constant frustration.

Sent from my SM-G960U using Tapatalk

Directv isn’t good at all, and probably has one of the lowest ratings if you ask any previous or current customer. I truly believe they if they ever lost the rights to The Sunday Ticket they would completely fold as a provider to most except those that can’t get other options.

The Sunday Ticket is the only reason I still have Directv.

Directv isn’t good at all, and probably has one of the lowest ratings if you ask any previous or current customer. I truly believe they if they ever lost the rights to The Sunday Ticket they would completely fold as a provider to most except those that can’t get other options.

The Sunday Ticket is the only reason I still have Directv.
No question. Parent company just rolled out AT&T TV and if I was a betting man I would guess they split rights with in 5 years for the league.

I had the exact issue happen a few years ago. It didn't show up in the manage recordings list but it continued to record the show.
This is what worked for me. I set up a series record for the show it kept recording and let it record the next episode and then went in and cancelled the series record. Good luck cause it was annoying.

Sidenote- I quit watching Street Outlaws when there was so much bleeping that it sounded like I had accidentally dialed a fax line for an hour.

If you press menu, then go into recordings, then manage recordings. You will see series manager and manual recording setup.

most likely one of these two areas has a recording setup for this show or time slot. Go and delete it.
That's what I've done. A couple of times now. That series keeps coming back.:rolleyes:

One of the best days of my life was the day my subdivision got fiber internet. That call to DirecTV to tell them to go pound sand..... ah what a moment. 12 years of constant frustration.

Not much choice besides them, Dish, or Hughesnet. I've already had Dish and don't want Hughes. I'm waiting for Starlink should they ever come online...

I had the exact issue happen a few years ago. It didn't show up in the manage recordings list but it continued to record the show.
This is what worked for me. I set up a series record for the show it kept recording and let it record the next episode and then went in and cancelled the series record. Good luck cause it was annoying.

Sidenote- I quit watching Street Outlaws when there was so much bleeping that it sounded like I had accidentally dialed a fax line for an hour.
If it shows up again, I may do this... but it shows in my manage series and I can delete it. It just comes back.

And I've watched maybe 1 or 2 episodes... parts really, not the whole show. I don't like the fake drama... and that type of racing doesn't interest me.

DirecTV used to be the best platform on the market. Then AT&T bought them and it's just been driven into the ground.

If your internet can handle it, I'd suggest something along the lines of Hulu Live or YouTube. Hulu Live paired with an Apple TV has been one of the best entertainment decisions I've ever made.

My wife uses Hulu... and believe me, when better bandwidth is available in my area I'll probably jump on it. As it stands right now, it either DSL or Hughesnet... Cable stops about 1 mile from my house. Fiber is going in the ground all around me but it looks like I'm stuck in one of those POP areas where a single telecom is given exclusive rights... and they have no plan on getting fiber to me.

Honestly, I'm waiting to see whether Starlink actually goes online or if it's vaporware.

My best internet option sees about 8mbps when its really humming, and I still prefer streaming over DirecTV.

Oh, the days when I had broadband...:cry:

They really want you to watch that show :ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO:

Not much choice besides them, Dish, or Hughesnet. I've already had Dish and don't want Hughes. I'm waiting for Starlink should they ever come online...
Yeah before I had internet I was stuck as well.

I'm waiting for Starlink should they ever come online...
You and me both brother. If they can get lag under 50ms like they claim it will be a total game changer. I’ll be first in line with cash in hand.

They really want you to watch that show :ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO:
:ROFLMAO:Well, the joke's on them. I delete it every time.

And why, why, WHY! Do I have to delete this stupid series differently from any other thing that's recorded on my DVR? DirecTV it doesn't make sense.

You and me both brother. If they can get lag under 50ms like they claim it will be a total game changer. I’ll be first in line with cash in hand.
It's not the lag that worries or bothers me. With their satellites at 350-450 miles in orbit, it won't be too bad. It's that they said "we're going to open up to subscribers late November 2019 once we get the kinks worked out in the first couple of deployments."

Yeah, I know Covid... but I'm getting a sinking feeling that this will be vaporware along the lines of Amazon's upcoming offering, 5G in my neighborhood, fiber to my curb... in other words, it's probably not going to happen. That's how my luck runs.:rolleyes::cry:

I don't know how your system works, but here in the UK, with Virgin Media there is an option that you can set to record 'Suggestions' which is worked out based on previous things you have recorded that are similar in terms of genre etc

Maybe check to see if your system has something like that?

I'll give that a check and see. Thanks for the suggestion!

Back