PiratePenguin

2024 Goat Cup Team Brennan
Albatross 2024 Club
Reaction score
Handicap
We are looking to upgrade our dishwasher this month if we can take advantage of a black friday sale. Currently we have a one-step above builder grade Whirlpool that barely cleans on the Pots & Pans setting and is noisy as heck - not good in our open floor plan. Price isn't so much an option - I'd rather spend $800 on one that will work than get a good "deal" on a $400 sale model that will be no better than what we have.

But there are so many out there, and none of the review sites seem to match up - Consumers Reports says one thing, this site says something else, another says they're all wrong and get this instead.

If you have a newish dishwasher that WORKS and you like it - what is it? Where did you get it?

We decided on a Bosch a few years ago. Think we got it at Sears.

We decided on a Bosch a few years ago. Think we got it at Sears.
We had a Bosch at my old place. Got a great deal at Sears outlet.

That thing could clean everything without rinsing, and you could be sitting next to it while it was running and you would have no idea. Super quiet.

Have a Bosch, and wouldn't buy anything different. It's ridiculously quite, and does a great job, has an eco mode, and a setting for doing half loads. I spent extra to get the third row, but wouldn't do it again.

Parents have a 15 year old Bosch that is rolling strong.

I had a Bosch installed in my new kitchen a couple of months ago. Really happy with it in terms of performance. Never heard anyone complain about a Bosch dishwasher.

We've got a GE dishwasher and it's very quiet and efficient. Haven't had a single complaint with it yet.

No issues with my GE. Keep in mind most of the dishwashers out there are manufactured by the same handful of companies. ..in the exact same plants more times than not

We will be doing the same. Ours is a GE Nautilus and is loud and leaves dirty water on things in the top rack. Looking for stainless steel with the silverware basket on the door with adjustable racks. Don't want to go much higher than $500. Not sure which brand yet but will be checking out Consumer Reports reviews/ratings/recommendations for sure. Good luck with your purchase. Interested to see what you end up with.

We are looking to upgrade our dishwasher this month if we can take advantage of a black friday sale. Currently we have a one-step above builder grade Whirlpool that barely cleans on the Pots & Pans setting and is noisy as heck - not good in our open floor plan. Price isn't so much an option - I'd rather spend $800 on one that will work than get a good "deal" on a $400 sale model that will be no better than what we have.

But there are so many out there, and none of the review sites seem to match up - Consumers Reports says one thing, this site says something else, another says they're all wrong and get this instead.

If you have a newish dishwasher that WORKS and you like it - what is it? Where did you get it?
I am a big believer in Consumer Reports. I've yet to get a bad purchase based on what they recommend. I have, however gotten bit in the ass for going against what they said! Unfortunately it was for a new car. Looks like other than one KitchenAid model, Kenmore is the way to go if money isn't an object.

I married one! :beat-up:

I have a Kitchen aid that does a great job. I do recommend getting the stainless interior as it seems to clean easier, it won't yellow like the white will.

No issues with my GE. Keep in mind most of the dishwashers out there are manufactured by the same handful of companies. ..in the exact same plants more times than not

Bingo.

We used to sell the stainless steel to GE for a variety of brands. Would run them on the same lines and just slap the respective logo on them

We used to sell the stainless steel to GE for a variety of brands. Would run them on the same lines and just slap the respective logo on them

I make that steel!!

Dishwashers

Bosch. Very quiet. Cleans very well. It's quiet because it doesn't have a food grinder like most others. It accomplishes the same thing by the force of its jets.

Has been repaired a couple of times, but trivial repairs. Highly recommended. Especially if you hate the sound of a DW.

We have a kenmore elite that's super quiet and works wonderful. We have had it about a year now and have not had a single issue and cleans dishes great.

I haven't had such good luck with Bosch's, the first was noisier then hoped for. We put a new kitchen in over the summer and I gave Bosch another shot and installed a Bosch 800 Plus - this one I'm happy with

I haven't had such good luck with Bosch's, the first was noisier then hoped for. We put a new kitchen in over the summer and I gave Bosch another shot and installed a Bosch 800 Plus - this one I'm happy with

Wow, I wonder if there was something wrong with it, even older Boschs were quiet, and I don't know if mine is running until I see the light on.

Wow, I wonder if there was something wrong with it, even older Boschs were quiet, and I don't know if mine is running until I see the light on.

I wonder as well - it was a new house and all new appliances - it was seated well - probably just a bad one.

Another vote for Bosch here. We didn't even get the "quietest" model and we can still barely tell that it's on when it's running. I don't remember the exact model number, but we got one with the 3rd rack on top just for silverware, we love that feature.

Another vote for Bosch here. We didn't even get the "quietest" model and we can still barely tell that it's on when it's running. I don't remember the exact model number, but we got one with the 3rd rack on top just for silverware, we love that feature.

It's funny, but I was excited about the third rack, and hardly ever use it. It's just easier to remove the old fashioned silverware area and put them in the dwarer. I will occasionally put something like a pizza cutter up there, then Forget to get it out.

I have a Kitchen Aid that I've been quite happy with. The top rack can go up and down to accomodate different sized dishes and it cleans very well. It's one of the stainless stell interior ones. The guy at the appliance store told us that Bosch are great and very quiet but that the European dishwashers don't have a cycle at the end to dry your dishes. Is that even true? Surely you guys with the Bosch machines don't hand dry your dishes when you take them out of the washer?

They dry differently. American models might have a heat element while the Euro models dry by condensation - more energy efficient.

Back