Disney+ Streaming Service

For those baby yoda fans, I really enjoyed this video

About half way through the MCU movies. It's been fun to go back through them so far. Next up is the first Guardians of the Galaxy

I have to say we may get this just to watch the "Biggest Star in Appleton". I hope it's not full of Minnesota 'eh's' and 'dont ya knows' because we dont talk like that here....

chapter 5. Another amazing episode. So I think I may know who is at the end based on sound and looks. I won’t spoiler it but Holy Shitbags Batman!

The Mandelorian is so great. I am more excited about it than episode 9.

So last week we added a cellular line to Verizon which enabled us to get the free for a year deal.

My question is this: my LG tv is about 4 years old and doesn’t support downloading the Disney+ app.
We don’t own a fire stick or a roku either but am willing to buy one. Is that the best route to go? Or can I just cast it from my iPad and app? What’s the best thing to do?

So last week we added a cellular line to Verizon which enabled us to get the free for a year deal.

My question is this: my LG tv is about 4 years old and doesn’t support downloading the Disney+ app.
We don’t own a fire stick or a roku either but am willing to buy one. Is that the best route to go? Or can I just cast it from my iPad and app? What’s the best thing to do?

Might be able to throw it from your device, I would think a chromecast would be able to do that no problem

Get a Roku stick. Inexpensive and very good.
I recommend staying away from the Express model though, and going to Streaming Stick or Streaming Stick+

Might be able to throw it from your device, I would think a chromecast would be able to do that no problem

My only concern with this is quality

Get a Roku stick. Inexpensive and very good.
I recommend staying away from the Express model though, and going to Streaming Stick or Streaming Stick+

Was just looking at those in comparing them to the fire stick. We have amazon and prime but I just wanna make sure I buy something that will stream in HD/4K/HDR if or when available. Our internet is plenty fast. Just don’t know what makes the most sense. Looks like they’re all around $40ish

Was just looking at those in comparing them to the fire stick. We have amazon and prime but I just wanna make sure I buy something that will stream in HD/4K/HDR if or when available. Our internet is plenty fast. Just don’t know what makes the most sense. Looks like they’re all around $40ish

Streaming Stick +

To second Josh‘s comment, the streaming plus is definitely the way to go. Unfortunately, you may have missed the half off deal because I definitely bought one two weeks ago for $25

Streaming Stick +

Is that what you guys have? Cause I also see Roku Ultra / Roku Premier blah blah blah

Is that what you guys have? Cause I also see Roku Ultra / Roku Premier blah blah blah

Those are boxes and they work great too.
Since we are cable users, I didn't want another box. Instead got Streaming Stick+ on each of the TVs

Those are boxes and they work great too.
Since we are cable users, I didn't want another box. Instead got Streaming Stick+ on each of the TVs

Ok. That’s the same as us also (cable) and now I’m glad knowing that’s the only difference basically. Thanks fellas!

chapter 5. Another amazing episode. So I think I may know who is at the end based on sound and looks. I won’t spoiler it but Holy Shitbags Batman!

The Mandelorian is so great. I am more excited about it than episode 9.
I think we need a Mandelorian thread for this reason and many many others!! I have so many questions!

I use a Fire TV thingy. It's bigger than the stick but not by much and it seems to work really well. I'm not familiar with the roku interface so that could be better than the fire tv thingy (official verbiage). I'd say any would work really well unless you're ready for a TV upgrade and let's be real, who isn't ready for a new TV?

Forky asks a Question is the best thing on Disney+

Feel free to argue your point against this badly.

I think we need a Mandelorian thread for this reason and many many others!! I have so many questions!

Here. I made one, as I was thinking the same thing. there were some pretty hardcore spoilers in this thread already...

I finally found one negative About Disney plus - all Marvel audio is 5.1 ???

I have a 9.2.2 Atmos setup and noticed last night that they are not streaming the Atmos soundtrack. Now I’d rather get the HDR at 4K but I’m really surprised they are only doing 5.1 considering how little bandwidth audio takes compared to 4K hdr.

Looks like I’ve reached the end stage with Disney+. If It wasn’t for my kids I’d probably cancel Disney+ and just buy it for 2-3 months out of the year to catch up.

Still feel like Disney+ was a very good investment.

If you have kids under 10 I suggest you check out Bluey. I have a 7 yr old and a 5yr old and they absolutely love it. It's pretty funny for me as well.

Back