Disney+ Streaming Service

I forgot how many great One Liners there are in Guardians of the Galaxy.

"Nothing would ever go over my head, my reflexes are too fast. I would catch it" :ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO:

I forgot how many great One Liners there are in Guardians of the Galaxy.

"Nothing would ever go over my head, my reflexes are too fast. I would catch it" :ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO:
SUCH a good flick. Both of them really.

SUCH a good flick. Both of them really.
They really really are. My wife who is NOT a "comic book movie" person at all, enjoys both of them a lot. I think they're in my top 5 favorite movies of all time, and they're probably my favorite movies out of the entire Marvel franchise.

Damn, I am not sure how I feel about this security issue. I signed up, but I am concerned a bit now.

Dark web
On 12 November, its first day live, people had technical problems and many complained on social media.
Others said they were locked out of their accounts, and since they contacted Disney they have not heard back.
According to an investigation by Zdnet, thousands of user accounts went on sale on the dark web.
Only hours after the service launched, hackers were selling Disney+ accounts for as little as $3 (£2.30).
A subscription to the service costs $7 (£5.40) a month.
With the help of a cyber-security researcher, the BBC also found several hacked customer accounts for sale on the dark web.

_109731405_darkwebpic.jpg

They really really are. My wife who is NOT a "comic book movie" person at all, enjoys both of them a lot. I think they're in my top 5 favorite movies of all time, and they're probably my favorite movies out of the entire Marvel franchise.
I agree, they're my favorites. Next closest is probably Ragnarok.

Damn, I am not sure how I feel about this security issue. I signed up, but I am concerned a bit now.

Dark web
On 12 November, its first day live, people had technical problems and many complained on social media.
Others said they were locked out of their accounts, and since they contacted Disney they have not heard back.
According to an investigation by Zdnet, thousands of user accounts went on sale on the dark web.
Only hours after the service launched, hackers were selling Disney+ accounts for as little as $3 (£2.30).
A subscription to the service costs $7 (£5.40) a month.
With the help of a cyber-security researcher, the BBC also found several hacked customer accounts for sale on the dark web.

_109731405_darkwebpic.jpg

From the news articles I've read about this, it doesn't look like the data was stolen from Disney, it looks like it was either pulled from other sources, or stolen by phishing attempts. As long as your password is unique and a good password I'd think you're probably fine.

From the news articles I've read about this, it doesn't look like the data was stolen from Disney, it looks like it was either pulled from other sources, or stolen by phishing attempts. As long as your password is unique and a good password I'd think you're probably fine.
This is what I have read as well. I'm always amazed at how well Phishing still works at times.

Disney claims it was not stolen from them, which for some reason I tend to believe, despite them being full of **** on about 90% of everything else the parent company does.
But that would be crazy fast through phishing, right?

In this day and age, probably fine is like the least comforting thing. So many say "it wont happen to me", but good lord when it does, it is the most complex and scary thing ever. Credit can get ruined. So much can get ruined and trying to fix it through brilliant government and credit agencies is like flogging the dolphin with a cheese grater. Mildly entertaining, but you know its going to be painful.

This is what I have read as well. I'm always amazed at how well Phishing still works at times.
People will click on anything Proof

Disney claims it was not stolen from them, which for some reason I tend to believe, despite them being full of **** on about 90% of everything else the parent company does.
But that would be crazy fast through phishing, right?

In this day and age, probably fine is like the least comforting thing. So many say "it wont happen to me", but good lord when it does, it is the most complex and scary thing ever. Credit can get ruined. So much can get ruined and trying to fix it through brilliant government and credit agencies is like flogging the dolphin with a cheese grater. Mildly entertaining, but you know its going to be painful.

There's a couple of things here. For a service with a known roll out date, and it was well known that many people would be signing up, no I don't think that's actually too fast for a phishing attempt. The actual attack of a phish takes only a few seconds. I'd find it very surprising if there wasnt a huge phishing email blast throughout the day, with people signing up they wouldn't be unsurprised by an email asking them to verify their account.

As for losing your password, as long as you have unique passwords for every account, it shouldn't impact anything else.

There's a couple of things here. For a service with a known roll out date, and it was well known that many people would be signing up, no I don't think that's actually too fast for a phishing attempt. The actual attack of a phish takes only a few seconds. I'd find it very surprising if there wasnt a huge phishing email blast throughout the day, with people signing up they wouldn't be unsurprised by an email asking them to verify their account.

As for losing your password, as long as you have unique passwords for every account, it shouldn't impact anything else.

Assuming it is in fact phishing and Disney has rock solid security...

Assuming it is in fact phishing and Disney has rock solid security...

Trust but verify. Again, unique passwords, and I sign up for everything I can through the app store. So the only risk would be someone stealing my account, easy enough to cancel through the app store or verizon (for those taking that deal) and I'm out a little bit of time and headache, but the blast radius is pretty small.

All that being said, I'm probably not the average Disney+ user. So there is definitely some concern for those that might be at more risk. At this point though, I'd hope most people know better than to use the same password for everything, and know to have some kind of protection from either a CC or their bank for fraudulent charges for any Credit Card used online.

Of course Disney needs to have their ducks in a row as far as security goes, but as users we can't rely on the big companies to always be secure. It'd be nice if we could, but that's just not reality in today's world. (See Equifax)

Hey, I have a fax in my Inbox that I'm sure is legit because so many of my customers fax me stuff all the time. I should definitely open it!

Watching Mickey Mouse Clubhouse with my sick 3 year old today. I love not having to fast forward through anything and it automatically going to the next episode - no three year old bitching.

Sick Lotte and I just started Swiss Family Robinson. Excited for her to watch it.

Best streaming service by far for us, already.

IMG_1218.JPG

Regardless of Baby Yoda's origin, I am absolutely amazed that this was kept a secret and not spoiled on the internet. Nice to finally see a real surprise without any fear of running into a spoiler before the media even launched.

I can't remember the last time we watched Netflix or Hulu. The family has lived on Disney+ for a week now and there is no end in sight. It's more than paid for itself already.

I’ve been working from home this week. I’ve almost finished the entire MCU movie series....:oops:

I’ve been working from home this week. I’ve almost finished the entire MCU movie series....:oops:
Hahaha, I just went back through the Pirates of the Caribbean series myself, forgot how much I enjoyed them all.

My son who is 15 has told me multiple times that Disney+ is the best thing I have gotten in a while haha. He is doing the same thing you are watching all the movies in order, and on his xbox with his headphones on. I think its awesome.

I have antman to go and I’m joining you
My son who is 15 has told me multiple times that Disney+ is the best thing I have gotten in a while haha. He is doing the same thing you are watching all the movies in order, and on his xbox with his headphones on. I think its awesome.

I highly recommend the AMC viewing order linked earlier. It's REALLY good.

Back