Disrespectful Course Thrashers!!!!!

Philo1

Reaction score
Handicap
Aaargghhh! I'm so frustrated. We've been getting some rain. Yesterday, I think it started around 11:00 am and pretty much rained all day. It also rained some last night. It was overcast, misty, foggy etc. this morning. I check the forecast....very little chance of rain, I'm going golfing. Get to the course, there's hardly anyone there. It's the slowest I've ever seen it. Fine....I go play - solo; tee off about 10:50 am. (ten dollar rate at golfnow - can't beat that)

Well, I get out on the course and it's soggy. I've never seen this much water on the course, ground is saturated. As I'm playing, I begin to notice these divots, all over the place. In the middle of the fairway, down close to the green....you name it. Especially on the backside and a couple of holes on the front, I'm literally looking at a hundred divots. Just laying out all over the place. And I"m not seeing divot marks that people fixed with the seed mix....just wacked the ground and left it laying out.

I find this completely inconsiderate and disrespectful. Is it just me, or what's wrong with people? No one wants to hit out of a divot. It says right on the card all the course rules, and they're posted in the clubhouse - REPAIR YOUR DIVOTS and ball marks.

Anyway, I fixed every divot I made and I finished before two. So I played all 18 in under three hours with taking the time to fix the divots. I mean, they were so easy to fix. The ground was so soggy that you could just step them back in and hardly even looked like I took a divot.

Guys I play with always repair their divots and/or use the mix. This just ticks me off.

I don't understand when people don't repair them as well. It should be automatic to repair your own, like not even a thought about it.

It's complete laziness and disrespect. I always replace my divots and make it a point to repair my pitch marks on the green, plus a few more.

Yeah.....it's like when you wack the ball and see that giant chunk of turf go flying fifteen feet - you know you did that. Put the stupid thing back. Sheeez.

It can truly be amazing how selfish people can be! They don't care about anyone but themselves.

It can truly be amazing how selfish people can be! They don't care about anyone but themselves.

Yeah...it's like, we all know that golf takes time. If you don't have time to play it right, then you shouldn't be playing. It's like the other day when the course was all backed up, just after Christmas I think it was. Everyone wants to play, so the manager is sending everyone out in groups of four. There's two groups ahead of my group, and a group ahead of them...there's no where to go, but the people behind us keep hitting into us as if trying to rush us. We can't go ANY faster, there's no where to go. What the heck. It's like realize the situation, deal with it, and quit being rude.

Or realize that the pace of play is too slow for you due to crowded conditions and come back another day. IDK.

Didn't see this. But on a par 3 Sunday there was no less then 8 fresh diviots right in a row. And about 6 ft in front of these diviots was the chunks of grass. I just don't get it.

We have problems with people not repairing pitch marks on the greens.

They give out divot tools in the club house, and everybody gets one.

But, no one is repairing their marks.

When my Son was about 9, we made it a game of repairing the pitch marks.

He is 13 now and proud when his shot digs into the green, but he repairs it quickly, along with any others we find.

Some people stomp their used tee down into the tee box.
It's so flat you can't pull it up and use it, but when there are a lot of them, you can't get another tee into the ground.

A lot of people don't care.

There were some young guys at one of the courses, and they would get a bag of 75 range balls. Then pay for a round with a cart.

Instead of going to the range, they played 18 holes with the range balls.

They bragged go some people that they didn't have to chase errant shots or worry about water because it wasn't their balls.

I actually blame this on the push to get more people involved in golf. Not enough is done to teach new golfers proper etiquette.

I always repair pitch marks on the green. I almost always repair divots. Sometimes the cart is out of sand mix and divots around here simply explode, making them impossible to replace.

Sent from my SM-G928V using Tapatalk

I actually blame this on the push to get more people involved in golf. Not enough is done to teach new golfers proper etiquette.

I always repair pitch marks on the green. I almost always repair divots. Sometimes the cart is out of sand mix and divots around here simply explode, making them impossible to replace.

Sent from my SM-G928V using Tapatalk

Good to see you back around these parts!

I agree there is a source of pride replacing pitch marks on the green. Not replacing divots is just lazy and entitled, the course is there only to serve you. Agreed that the only time they don't get replaced is without seed and no divot to place back in.

If I am playing with someone who doesn't fix divots and pitch marks, it tells me something about their character. I will typically go and repair their damage right in front of them. They get the hint.... sometimes.

Old thread but I had something happen today I had to vent about that is along the same lines. To me, this was totally disrespectful. After my lesson, I was on the range hitting a few more balls. We have the metal trays with pyramids at my home course where most around here you just get a bucket. I was so far to the right side I was actually hitting from in front of the tray. The reason being was because the tee boxes were a bit rough from the heavy traffic today. While I was hitting balls, a guy shows up and takes the hitting area beside me to my left. Now with me as far right as I could possibly go, he takes his first swing and sprays me in the back with a pile of dirt. I glance at him expecting some sort of apology but no he doesn’t even look at me. Every single swing he took he sprayed me with dirt and not once did he even acknowledge it. I grew tired of this pretty quickly and left the range.

When I got back to the clubhouse I told the pro what happened. He asked me was the guy a member and what he looked like. My honest reply was I had no idea because I only glanced back at him the one time. I know me and with the last week or so I have had it could have got ugly quick. If I had GIR ed around he was going to get an earful and any mouth back would not have ended well for him. That is why I just left instead of saying anything. People are so ridiculous now it is not even funny.

I will gladly repair mine if they put the mix back on the carts here. It's bermuda so the divots basically explode(nothing to really put back), and without something to fill the hole we're basically S.O.L. I usually fix more than my pitch mark, or fix ones that have been poorly fixed, but I can't really conjure turf out of thin air.

I went through 4 sand bottles today. We've had sand back on the carts for a while now. No excuse other than the time without probably made bad habits worse.

Club is also having a divot filling day, when a whole hoard of us will walk the course filling them in.

Old thread but I had something happen today I had to vent about that is along the same lines. To me, this was totally disrespectful. After my lesson, I was on the range hitting a few more balls. We have the metal trays with pyramids at my home course where most around here you just get a bucket. I was so far to the right side I was actually hitting from in front of the tray. The reason being was because the tee boxes were a bit rough from the heavy traffic today. While I was hitting balls, a guy shows up and takes the hitting area beside me to my left. Now with me as far right as I could possibly go, he takes his first swing and sprays me in the back with a pile of dirt. I glance at him expecting some sort of apology but no he doesn’t even look at me. Every single swing he took he sprayed me with dirt and not once did he even acknowledge it. I grew tired of this pretty quickly and left the range.

When I got back to the clubhouse I told the pro what happened. He asked me was the guy a member and what he looked like. My honest reply was I had no idea because I only glanced back at him the one time. I know me and with the last week or so I have had it could have got ugly quick. If I had GIR ed around he was going to get an earful and any mouth back would not have ended well for him. That is why I just left instead of saying anything. People are so ridiculous now it is not even funny.

That’s a bold play by the other guy. I know at my range, I like to hit a lot of shots to one particular flag, which happens to be more at a 10 O’Clock vs straight at 12. If it’s into the wind, if the divots get close? Pick a new target and hope I didn’t spray anyone with grass!

Club is also having a divot filling day, when a whole hoard of us will walk the course filling them in.

Oh, I love the sound of that. Sign me up.

Aaargghhh! I'm so frustrated. We've been getting some rain. Yesterday, I think it started around 11:00 am and pretty much rained all day. It also rained some last night. It was overcast, misty, foggy etc. this morning. I check the forecast....very little chance of rain, I'm going golfing. Get to the course, there's hardly anyone there. It's the slowest I've ever seen it. Fine....I go play - solo; tee off about 10:50 am. (ten dollar rate at golfnow - can't beat that)

Well, I get out on the course and it's soggy. I've never seen this much water on the course, ground is saturated. As I'm playing, I begin to notice these divots, all over the place. In the middle of the fairway, down close to the green....you name it. Especially on the backside and a couple of holes on the front, I'm literally looking at a hundred divots. Just laying out all over the place. And I"m not seeing divot marks that people fixed with the seed mix....just wacked the ground and left it laying out.

I find this completely inconsiderate and disrespectful. Is it just me, or what's wrong with people? No one wants to hit out of a divot. It says right on the card all the course rules, and they're posted in the clubhouse - REPAIR YOUR DIVOTS and ball marks.

Anyway, I fixed every divot I made and I finished before two. So I played all 18 in under three hours with taking the time to fix the divots. I mean, they were so easy to fix. The ground was so soggy that you could just step them back in and hardly even looked like I took a divot.

Guys I play with always repair their divots and/or use the mix. This just ticks me off.
Yeah, we have "those golfers" at our course. Some people should not own golf clubs.

Most of our greens look like bombing range impact zones right now. Nobody fixes their freaking ball marks. Every green we walk on, everybody in our group repairs at least 3-4 ball marks apiece, and it still doesn't even begin to make a dent in it. Not to mention all the dead ones that are beyond saving because they weren't fixed. Lazy ****s.

If its a normal divot and there is a filler bottle on the cart I don't replace the divot but fill it in.
If I take a toupee then I replace that and don't fill. Taking a toupee means the course is soggy and there is a better chance of it taking & growing back. If its a dry turf divot it better to fill it with the filler than replace as the divot replacement more than likely won't take.

along with slow players - these types should be airdropped on to the Serengeti in Africa with no weapons or food.

Because of covid you have so many people playing who do not know or don't want to make divot repairs or ball marks. People who don't play often do not respect the game and really, are out there just to pass time.

I’m guilty of this at times when it is cart path only. I get focused on distance/shot/whatever and forget the sand mix. Not a good excuse I know.

ball marks on the green thigh absolutely no excuse.

Have you noticed that the better the approach shot to the green the more likely a golfer will repair the divot they made. The quality of the divot repair also increases with the quality of the shot made. BTW... his has absolutely nothing to do with the golfer's handicap.

Back