distance from ball when putting ?

What complicates things is ball position in relation to eyes should be different for the way each of us sees/tracks the line. Many of us don't see the line correctly until we make eye line adjustments either inside or outside the line. Mike Malaska does a good job of showing how to make the adjustment.

My eyes need to be well inside the line(about 5 inches inside) for me to see the line correctly.

Thanks for posting the video (the information relevant to ball position in relation to the eyes starts at about the 6:30 mark).
When your eyes are on the target line (or not as you wrote 5 inches inside) which is your putter face aiming tendency, left or right ?

What complicates things is ball position in relation to eyes should be different for the way each of us sees/tracks the line. Many of us don't see the line correctly until we make eye line adjustments either inside or outside the line. Mike Malaska does a good job of showing how to make the adjustment.

My eyes need to be well inside the line(about 5 inches inside) for me to see the line correctly.

Anything Malaska is good.

All good stuff! I’ve been working on a lot of these things but you’ll laugh when I tell you this... I have to remind myself to be sure I follow through after putt ball strike, approximately the length of the back stroke. This helps me insure I get the ball rolling on line and it rolls well.

All good stuff! I’ve been working on a lot of these things but you’ll laugh when I tell you this... I have to remind myself to be sure I follow through after putt ball strike, approximately the length of the back stroke. This helps me insure I get the ball rolling on line and it rolls well.
That's actually a great idea! I try to ensure at least an inch past the ball strike zone.

Back