Distance increases since last fall.

dynarider

insert witty saying here
Reaction score
Handicap
twits
Have played 4 rds so far this year & for some reason I am getting some damn good distance increases. Only differences between last fall & now are, I believe my body feels a lot better since the heart surgery & am porbably close to 95-100% which I hadn't been in years. Also dropped about 20 lbs but it's not like I was fat & out of shape to begin with.

Haven't been using driver this year since I am having issues with controlling it, but the 3w has filled in quite well & for some reason I am averaging 20 yds more with it than I ever did with the driver........weird but I am not complaining since it's working.

Also all of my iron distances are up by a good 10 yds. Last year on holes where I normally would use a 6 iron off the tee, now I am using the 7 iron & it's going a bit further. PW is up to a bit over 130 yds whereas in the past it was my 120+ a little bit club.

Same clubs I have been playing, no equipment changes at all.

Anyone else discover something similar & not really have an explanation for it?

good to hear dyna! could be the lose in weight makes it easier for you to get more speed on your down sing? dont know just guessing...

Im sure it has to do with you feeling better which is all that really matters. That is awesome about the yardage increase though. Which irons are you using? I know you have the two sets, and at the end of last year you were hitting the AP1's and I believe you said you were using the SGI irons to start this season.

Glad to hear your health has improved and your golf is benefitting. Always nice to gain yards.

For me though it has been food and bad. My driver is now as long as it has ever been. but randomly my hybrid has gained no yards. Also my wedges have gained zero yards. Yet all my irons are travelling a half a club length to a full club length longer. Really screwing up my apility to hit a green!!!

You're getting longer and thinner. I got fatter and shorter. We should ride in the same cart the next time we get together. Cart golf. Glad to hear your're striping it.

Kevin

Re: Distance increases since last fall.

Congrats on the improved health Dyna! Maybe with the weight loss resulted increased flexibility which is giving you some added distance?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Back