buckeyewalt

Reaction score
Handicap
So far I really haven't found anything better than the G400 MAX driver in terms of forgiveness and distance. My problem is my distance. My SS is in the low 80's and I have had the Alta CB 55 shaft as the original equipment. Good shaft, no issue OK distance(225-230), but nothing outstanding even if I step on it. Thinking less spin, I got a Tour 65 shaft and I got close to the same distance, less height and more roll. Played more of the summer with the Alta CB in, a buddy of mine asked if I have tried the Distanza 40 gram shaft. Nope, it's an A flex and would be too whippy for me. He had one, I waggled it and it was almost like a wet noodle. Not for me, but he said to try it, and I did. Un-be-'fen'-lieve-able. What turned out to be a wet noodle was so stable and smooth through out my swing, I couldn't believe it was an A flex. Went to the bay and ordered one, I've had it in for about 2 weeks and my drives( around 240) aren't in the Bryson league, but for me I'm very happy.
My swing really hasn't changed but I can swing it harder and no it won't slice, unless I do my goofy OTT. This shaft is so stable it's amazing. I don't know who makes the shaft(I assume UST), but for guys like me who are looking at extra distance don't have a closed mind like me on these ultra lite shafts.

They are solid! I had one in my G400 SFT.

The F2 helium shaft feels similar but is 10 grams heavier.

Back