Jman

Here for the Conversation
Albatross 2024 Club
Staff member
Reaction score
Handicap
SOFTCAPPED
Since being acquired by Callaway, Travis Mathew as a company has continued to do what it does best as a lifestyle brand, but also evolving and branching out in ways many of us did not necessarily see coming. One such example of that is the establishment and growth of Cuater by Travis Mathew

For readers and members of THP, we have been tuned in on Cuater from the ground floor with numerous review threads where products have been put into the hands of staff writers and forum members alike. Even then, there are a lot of questions and curiosities surrounding Cuater, so naturally what better way to get some clarity than going straight to the source with some Q & A?

12-2-1024x350.jpg

1. There is currently a lot of interest in Cuater on THP...

Continue reading...

Last edited by a moderator:
  • Staff
This one was fun to do, I know everyone here is familiar with the Cuater products we have seen in reviews and such, but getting more information on the brand itself, as well as it’s goals and ambitions, directly from them was interesting to say the least.

I remember walking into the Cuater booth at the PGA show, seeing a wall of shoes and then bam theres the birdie glove. I thought it was awesome. I haven't tried any of their shoes or anything really just yet but I their style seems fun to me and definitely leaning hard on the lifestyle side of things. Thats not to say its a bad thing at all. I'll be picking up a few things for sure at some point.

• Staff
I remember walking into the Cuater booth at the PGA show, seeing a wall of shoes and then bam theres the birdie glove. I thought it was awesome. I haven't tried any of their shoes or anything really just yet but I their style seems fun to me and definitely leaning hard on the lifestyle side of things. Thats not to say its a bad thing at all. I'll be picking up a few things for sure at some point.
It’s different enough that it seems to work, ya know? I really like all but one of the pairs of shoes I got, a lot.

It’s different enough that it seems to work, ya know? I really like all but one of the pairs of shoes I got, a lot.
I agree, I'll try some shoes at some point and I'm very likely to buy that glove just because I want to use it on my golf league and every time I make a birdie I can let the guys know about it haha

• Staff
I agree, I'll try some shoes at some point and I'm very likely to buy that glove just because I want to use it on my golf league and every time I make a birdie I can let the guys know about it haha
Hahaha, it’s perfect!

Didn’t know about the gloves. Need the gloves!

Hahaha, it’s perfect!
It really is, I just thought to myself I should go buy it right now. $35 for a glove is a little steep though

• Staff
It really is, I just thought to myself I should go buy it right now. $35 for a glove is a little steep though
I definitely can’t argue that either

While I like the looks of a classic golf shoe, I gotta say I'm more inclined to go with the moneymaker in heather microchip, I really like the looks of it.
I do find the birdie golf glove amusing and fun.

They have some great products. Have been wearing a couple of the shirts we got in December and they are quite comfortable, the Moneymaker shoes are the same way.

Love the styling on those gloves, really need to check them out

I love that the line is both modern and classic at the same time. The reviews speak to the comfort so it is a great combination of important things. I don't love the casual line. It seems expensive for shoes you can find for way less but the golf line is a breath of fresh air.

Thanks for getting the questions answered @Jman Very well done and I really liked the responses that we received.

I really like the looks of the shoes and might get a pair to try them out. I am not a fan of the gloves at that price point. I go through too many gloves to warrant paying that.

Great stuff James. Definitely want to try The MoneyMaker shoes one of these days. Love the looks and the features of those. The gloves are very cool also but a little out of my price range for a glove.

Good looking stuff, looks comfortable and it's getting good reviews. Awesome. Good job @Jman

This was awesome. I love the idea of performance, quality, and comfort in everything they do. I’ll say they nailed the Ringer shoes with those and the “funky” glove designs are growing on me.

Great stuff, @Jman, thanks! I like their philosophy of delivering quality products and having fun with it along the way.

I am so ready to dive into this one later this afternoon!

The Cuater booths was one of my favorites at the show this year.

Mine too. Well done, doing their own thing and some really good products.

Some seriously in your face stuff and some seriously California casual stuff as well haha
Cali casual is a great way to put it.

I, for one, am confused by Cuater. Why does it exist as a separate brand? Why not just make Travis Mathew branded accessories and shoes? The TM brand name is very strong. Seems odd to decide to build a second brand (even if it tied to TM) when you already have an established market.

Cuater was around as a TravisMathew accessory brand for like a year or two before the sort of re-branding to "Cuater by TravisMathew" ... what led to the change? Management change? Marketing direction?

Back