Divot Board and Performance Golf Straight Stick

Birdman03

Reaction score
Handicap
I ordered both of these and will start using them on the range frequently. I want to:
- train a later release through the ball to reduce flipping at impact
- move the low point of my swing arc more toward the target side of the ball to produce more solid, compressed contact with irons

I will post reviews in a week or so for those that are interested.

For better and more detailed reviews on these two products than I can provide please check YouTube for Mr. Short Game on the Straight Stick, and Clay Ballard on the Divot Board.

To sum things up my conclusions are definitely Yes for the Divot Board ($100) and No/Hell No for the Straight Stick ($150).

I'll dismiss the Straight Stick right away with these comments:

- Performance Golf claims the SS helps groove an optimal swing path but that's doubtful
- The magnetic washer is supposed to release at down the shaft with a clicking sound to make sure your release is timed properly at various clubhead speeds. I have the 7I version and regardless of swing speed settings from 60 to 100 mph I was able to click the magnetic down the shaft at actual clubhead speeds as low as 57 mph.
- their business model is extremely annoying and is borderline harassment IMHO. Purchasing the product automatically enrolls you in an online subscription training plan that you must cancel. They made multiple daily sales calls to my phone from several different numbers without leaving messages or text replies. It took me a week or so to finally get all those numbers blocked (n)🤬. Their online series of training videos they try to sell are all priced at a ridiculous $197.

On the other hand the Divot Board is one of the best, if not the best, training aid I have tried. Watch the Clay Ballard review, but for me by hitting a few balls off it I was able to make adjustments to my setup and swing path through the ball for significantly better ball striking and low point control (y) :)

This is why I love THP. Saw an ad for the Straight Stick on Facebook. Immediately searched THP for some reviews and found what I need. Thanks for the feedback.

This is why I love THP. Saw an ad for the Straight Stick on Facebook. Immediately searched THP for some reviews and found what I need. Thanks for the feedback.
I'm glad I could help you out. I'm a retired guy with plenty of free time and disposable income, and I spend most of both on playing and practicing golf. So I can afford to "take one for the team" every now and then ;)

I'm glad I could help you out. I'm a retired guy with plenty of free time and disposable income, and I spend most of both on playing and practicing golf. So I can afford to "take one for the team" every now and then ;)
mlb entertainment GIF

Back