Robadamski

Reaction score
Handicap
My wife surprised me and ordered me a Divot Board which arrived today. There are tons of cheap imitations out there but the quality of the real thing is obvious. The hitting surface can be replaced when it wears out and the rubber backing is thick and substantial which keeps the board from moving. It even comes with a carabiner hook so you can hook it on your golf bag. What do people think of theirs?

My wife surprised me and ordered me a Divot Board which arrived today. There are tons of cheap imitations out there but the quality of the real thing is obvious. The hitting surface can be replaced when it wears out and the rubber backing is thick and substantial which keeps the board from moving. It even comes with a carabiner hook so you can hook it on your golf bag. What do people think of theirs?
I've been looking at this. Also seen it on a couple of youtube channels and a podcast I listen to, I keep thinking about pulling the trigger but as usual there is the USD > CAD price to consider.

Interested to hear your thoughts after a few goes with it.

I got one and really like it. Seems to be helping make better contact

Never heard of these. What is a divot board? Is it anything like a lie board?

I've been looking at this. Also seen it on a couple of youtube channels and a podcast I listen to, I keep thinking about pulling the trigger but as usual there is the USD > CAD price to consider.

Interested to hear your thoughts after a few goes with it.
The immediate feedback it gives you about the bottom of your swing path is fantastic. This is teaching me how to take a proper divot after rather than before the ball.

I use a cheap $5 mat from WalMart. When using outside I place a second carpet scrap underneath. Serves the purpose. I usually purchase one a year.
a4c20f6f70261feeccb1bd2cf2ffe66b.jpg

Sent from my moto g(7) supra using Tapatalk

I use a cheap $5 mat from WalMart. When using outside I place a second carpet scrap underneath. Serves the purpose. I usually purchase one a year.
a4c20f6f70261feeccb1bd2cf2ffe66b.jpg

Sent from my moto g(7) supra using Tapatalk
Redneck engineering at it's finest! What a great idea.

It is a hitting mat made of sequins which shows you where your club hits the ground in relation to the ball.

So, it functions something like a lie board, but not for the same thing. A lie board shows if your toe or heel or midsole is striking the ground first. This mat shows where your club is striking the ground first. I think if they could combine the 2 ideas, they might have the training aid of all time!

I just ordered one of these. Looking forward to practicing with it & reporting how it goes.

I've been trying to use this daily. Unfortunately, I have some serious hip pain going on, so I am limited in what I can do. And The weather in NE OH has not allowed me to see if this practice is translating to better shots on the course.

What I can say (and what I can see on the board) is that my strike and path have both "tightened up"
From the pattern of white on the board, I can see:
1) I'm making what would be ball-first contact
2) I can see that my path is not out-to in
3) The "ball" (i.e., the yellow circle) would be in the center of the face (vs out on the toe - which is my usual miss)

Once I can fully heal up, I'm excited to see what this training aid can do!

I bought it. Made a huge difference. Knew immediately that club path and open club face were not my problem. I was hitting behind the ball and off the toe, but with daily practice that is getting better. The info it gives is excellent.

I've been pondering this for awhile now. Glad to see some getting good results, may just have to pull the trigger.

I've been pondering this for awhile now. Glad to see some getting good results, may just have to pull the trigger.

I would gladly buy mine again. It provides conclusive results in about 5 minutes. No guessing. No interpretation of ball flight. Within a few swings you know. Next step is finding out why. In my case i took about 30 swings, almost all of which were fat off the toe. Watched a few videos to figure out why i hit fat shots. Weight needs to be more on front leg. within a few days that was sorted. Now why do i hit off the toe? More youtube videos. Working on that right now, but i think i move away from the ball slightly. Bought a training aid called steadhead to fix that.

Everything becomes actionable when you know exactly what you are doing wrong. Your job becomes figuring out why.

I have had mine for about 6 months and love it.

It was shocking how far behind the ball I was striking it at times, I thought I was just barely hitting behind the ball from time to time but it was actually over 6 inches.

I was literally thinking about this again tonight. How are people using these? Do you take it to the range and hit off it? (If so how do you account for the slight height difference mat / board) . Do you just do practice swings with no ball? Are there protocols / training programs to follow like other training aids provide?
Thanks

Back