The Scotty Cameron Pivot tool is what I've used for as long as I can remember. And the one I'm using now I've had for probably had for 10 years. The prongs on it are worn to about half the size of a new one.

That would be nice of you...too bad that it would find the bottom of the pond on the second hole though.....
Well I guess you won't be getting one of those. ;) I grew up in Rochelle.

If it isn’t a switchblade style tool, I struggle to hold on to it. I still use the same divot tool and marker from my first THP event.

The Scotty Cameron Pivot tool is what I've used for as long as I can remember. And the one I'm using now I've had for probably had for 10 years. The prongs on it are worn to about half the size of a new one.

I have a blue anodized scotty pivot tool. No blue on either of the forks and the ground has honed them into a pair a small needles.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

If more people learned how to repair a divot with a tee, or a single peg tool, the greens would be better off

Anyone remember these?

65698B9C-F121-4664-8BDD-201C8BF5A209.jpeg

Last edited:
I typically use a switchblade style one with a random ball marker on it. I found it at a yard sale for like a quarter and its perfect because it's not the end of the world if I lose it.
My favorite though is made by J Orlando Customs:

20200926_155415.jpg

I'm that guy.

If anyone out there has corrected a person who was repairing a mark correctly in order to do it the wrong way, do me a favor and slap yourself in the face as hard as you can and we will call it even.
Go ahead, pull the roots up....

Sent from my HD1905 using Tapatalk

This tool has been in my pocket for every round for about the last 25 years. It was from a swag bag at a charity scramble, but I like the integrated club brush and plastic scraper, and haven't found anything else like it on the market, so I've stuck with it. It used to have the logo of a long since closed bank on it, but that's long gone.

Divtool.jpg

I'm happy if most people would just make some sort of effort, but sometimes it seems as though the game has been taken over by hillbillies who don't fix anything!

I used the Pitchfix, switchblade style, these days though I probably have 4 others of different styles in my bag. A long time ago I bought a really nice Callaway repair tool, but the prongs were as sharp as needles! I got tired of it poking holes in my pocket, and my thigh! That's why I bought the Pitchfix.

I don't feel ready to play unless I have the Pitchfix and a ball marker in my right pocket, a ball and 3 tees in my left pocket, a rag tucked in my left hip pocket and my glove tucked in the right. Also, a few years ago I started walking the line of my putt from the ball all the way to the hole. I was having a great round and putting out of my mind! I stroked a putt that looked to be perfect when it jumped a foot in the air, and died well short and low! sure enough, unrepaired ball mark!

From the 1992 US Open at Pebble Beach. Picked it up in the Pro Shop when I was there in May 1992, about 3 weeks before the Open.

Attachments

• 0DADD81D-8FF1-4BD6-B619-3F3695AFEE7C.jpeg
    0DADD81D-8FF1-4BD6-B619-3F3695AFEE7C.jpeg
    54.2 KB · Views: 15
I have been using this style of divot tool for probably 15 years now. I wear out the prongs, but I keep transferring the marker over to a new tool every couple of years. The marker doubles as a tool to determine the order of play.
20200926_193414.jpg

CAE1D868-6B3F-4A23-91F9-2C4E6C5676C5.jpeg
I think this one is pretty awesome;)

Won this set up on the gram
20200530_085731.jpg

Only one I actually have thats not a standard course tool

Flip tool from Bay Hill.

I have a few fancy metal two prong tools but prefer to use a single prong plastic repair tool.

Back