vthokies20

Reaction score
Handicap
4.8 GHIN
Dixon was a sponsor for the last golf outing I played in. They were generous enough to provide each participant with a sleeve of their Dixon Earth golf balls. They also gave us a 10% off coupon to use online.

I did some research on them when I got home, and was absolutely shocked at what I saw. One of their golf balls, "Fire", is their version of the Pro Performance.

Here's the good part....they're $75/dozen! You can view them here...http://www.dixongolf.com/fire.php#tab1

Has anyone ever played these golf balls? If you haven't, would you dish out $75/dozen to give them a try?

No I wouldn't even consider it for a second.

No. No. No. I managed to lose 8 balls in one horrific round this year, and that's too deep a bite for me.
A ball I'm worried about losing will have a pretty short lifespan, and a scared swing doesn't help at all.

I normally can play the same ball all round... and I hate paying more than $25 a dozen.

I wouldn't even dare pay $75 a dozen.

The Earth ball is terrible. I have heard that the Fire is okay, but definitely not worth the money. The higher price isn't because the ball is higher quality. It's because the ball is made from recycled/renewable stuff (supposedly).

Maybe I am missing something here--I think they had a decent rating in testing even according to their own marketing--but nothing that would justify it to be that much more expensive than even the ProV1. Even with outstanding performance you may get consumers to buy something of the same price. At similar performance against a major brand you would probably need to come in about 20-25% lower to get any sales I would think (generic guess on numbers).

My point here is not to bash this ball at all--I just don't get how they will make it in the industry with these prices.

A friend of my wife worked for some sort of telemarketing company last year and she told me one of her "products" was a new golf ball called Dixon. She said her spiel was targeted towards ultimate performance and something about environmental friendly manufacturing. I don't know if she was actually just trying to sell the balls or if they were being used as incentives to buy vacation packages or something. She promised me she was going to bring me a sleeve to try out....but that never happened. When she told me they were $75 per dozen retail I told her "Good luck selling any of those"... hahaha

No, but now that I've read about it, I'm intrigued. Now if they were to stamp "Titleist ProV1" on the balls, lots of people would pay $74.99/dozen, whether it was the best ball for them or not.

~Rock

I won a sleeve of Dixon earth balls for greening a par 3. They gave me a gift certificate for warrior custom hybrids too, just pay $50 for shipping and handling. I liked them, but I wouldn't stray from Bridgestone for $75 vs $35-$40.

No way!! I hate dishing out 50 bucks for my Pro V's!

Personally, I would not pay that much. Seems a little steep...imo

I used to play the Dixon wind ball's and liked them quite a bit. I have never seen the Fire around here but I wouldn't even look at them for that price.

Back