DIY Swing sphere - Best aid ever?

gbrinson

Reaction score
Handicap
This may be one of the best training aids I’ve ever used. It’s a $10 dog ball from Amazon (the 5.5 inch (JW Pet Hol-ee Roller Dog Toy), a 2” x 12” Velcro strap, and I blew up a balloon inside the ball to get the level of firmness I wanted. The ball by itself was too soft. The goal is to keep the ball firmly between both arms through the entire swing.
IMG_3362.jpegIMG_3363.jpegIMG_3364.jpeg

IMG_3341.jpeg

Work smarter not harder more expensive.

How's it do? Ever try one of the fancy models for comparison?

Looks pretty good. How does it compare to a knock off Tour Striker ball that can also be found for around $10?

Work smarter not harder more expensive.

How's it do? Ever try one of the fancy models for comparison?
I haven’t tried other models. I prefer this to the elastic band things that go around both arms to keep them together. With those you can still allow your arms to separate. With this sphere, once your arms separate the ball falls out of place. You can’t cheat it. A golf buddy this week said he’s never seen me hit the ball so well. The last two rounds I was over 80% for GiRs.

Generally curious, if it’s Velcroed to your arm how does the ball fall? It doesn’t actually drop right?
It’s attached to the right arm with the strap, and it’s kept between the arms by applying inward pressure with both arms throughout the swing. If the arms separate too much the ball will fall out of place, but not to the ground.

Thanks for the heads up. Picked one up on eBay for less than $12.

Nice, I may have to give this a try. I fight arm separation.

Now, that is a great idea. I thought about the elastic band thing. Saw a video that said what you did. Arms can still separate in all sorts of positions. I might try this or one of the ones off eBay or Amazon. The velcro strap is a nice improvement.

Back