Do enjoy attending PGA Events or rather watch on TV?

I agree it is cool if it’s local however If I’m traveling for golf I’m playing golf, not watching it.
Oh definitely! I'm not traveling to watch unless somehow I get drawn in the Masters lottery. Friday at Riviera earlier this year was a blast to go see. Tiger Rory and JT all in the same group.

Sent from my SM-G965U using Tapatalk

I love going in person. It's awesome to walk around and see the pros in person.

I've attended a dozen Crosby-AT&T tournaments at Pebble Beach. two US Opens at Pebble, three US Opens at Olympic Club, two San Diego Opens at Torrey Pines, a WGC and Presidents Cup at Harding Park, the old Kaiser Open at Silverado CC . Each time I've attended a Tour event it was well worth the time, had fun and learned much.

I have had one opportunity to attend a PGA event and thoroughly enjoyed attending. I “volunteered” in the corporate hospitality area and would recommend this to anyone. The event had Tiger and it was crazy to see how the crowds would follow him everywhere.

I attended every year of the Air Canada championship for 8 years until they cancelled the stop. Also attended the US open at Chambers Bay. It’s much more exciting to view in person . You get to see things the pros do off camera preparing for a shot, routine ect.

I want to go to one or two PGA events. I’d love to go to the Wasted Management and the Masters, but I’m not sure there’s many others. Especially after the Ryder cup fiasco this year.

I do want to take my daughter to an LPGA event or a Korn Ferry event, seems like those might be a better experience.

I try to get to a Major every few years. I love going to the Master’s and will be in April for the 4th time as I won practice round tickets. I’ve been to a a couple US Opens, a PGA Championship and the Ryder Cup at Hazeltine. I really enjoyed taking my daughter who golf to the US Women’s Open a few years ago. My bucket list is to get to The Open Championship at one of the iconic venues in the UK.

Not having Sky Sports at home, I have seen more tournament golf live than on the TV

We have attended a number of events and enjoyed the atmosphere and seeing how pro's manage their way around courses I have played myself
Knowing some of the courses meant I knew where would be good spots to sit and watch multiple groups pass through and other places to walk alongside groups

We have got tickets for the British Masters again next year when it is at Close House, and we also have expressed an interest in the Ryder Cup for Italy and Ireland

I've been to a senior event and a Duramed Futures event here in Kansas City, but if I am on a course I would rather be playing than following and watching.

i think it should be made clear, I'm not ever going to travel anywhere for a golf tournament that's NOT a major event. That being said if there's a local (in state) PGA tour event im going for a day. Its awesome in person and you cant follow groups. You have to setup shop on a hole where you can view numerous shots by the entire field as they come through. If i do travel for one of those event that would be a major, I am also planning on playing golf during that trip.

Yes, i agree that golf in general is better to watch on tv because you get to see more shots overall. HOWEVER, there is no other sport (professional) that you can get so close to the action with the best players in the world. Getting to hear the banter, getting to see the decision making, seeing their techniques, swings amazing shots, bad shots, recovery shots......its simply awesome. I think this basically comes down to how big of a fan of live sports in general you are or you aren't. To me, experiences are better sitting around on a couch. They just are in my mind. Think back through all of the gsports events you've ever watched on tv vs the ones you've been to in person.

I wouldn't ever take back being at an NBA finals game with my dad. Being at world series game. Seeing the best golfers in the world in person for one round or even a practice round, being in attendance at a HS football state championship, i could go on and on. Its all about the experience you have. (kinda like THP). You can get the same experience by sitting at home on your butt. you can have a nice time and make it memorable if its a big game or event but it wont be the same experience of being there in person. Just my opinion.

I try and go every year to the PR Open, especially Thursday and Friday when it isn’t as full. It’s always a good time.

I enjoy getting a feel for what the pro’s demeanors are like during a round

Obviously depends on the venue...the masters, absolutely rather attend than watch on tv.

Some of the regular tour stops can be fun but walking all day in what is usually hot weather isnt too appealing. Plus you see such a limited amount of shots compared to TV.

Only one PGA event that I would travel to on my own, Augusta, but I do go to the Memorial every year. It’s 11 minutes from my door to the course so it’s really close, but I prefer to go for the Pro-Am on Wednesday. For actually tourney play I’d much rather watch from the comfort of my chair.

i think it should be made clear, I'm not ever going to travel anywhere for a golf tournament that's NOT a major event. That being said if there's a local (in state) PGA tour event im going for a day. Its awesome in person and you cant follow groups. You have to setup shop on a hole where you can view numerous shots by the entire field as they come through. If i do travel for one of those event that would be a major, I am also planning on playing golf during that trip.

Yes, i agree that golf in general is better to watch on tv because you get to see more shots overall. HOWEVER, there is no other sport (professional) that you can get so close to the action with the best players in the world. Getting to hear the banter, getting to see the decision making, seeing their techniques, swings amazing shots, bad shots, recovery shots......its simply awesome. I think this basically comes down to how big of a fan of live sports in general you are or you aren't. To me, experiences are better sitting around on a couch. They just are in my mind. Think back through all of the gsports events you've ever watched on tv vs the ones you've been to in person.

I wouldn't ever take back being at an NBA finals game with my dad. Being at world series game. Seeing the best golfers in the world in person for one round or even a practice round, being in attendance at a HS football state championship, i could go on and on. Its all about the experience you have. (kinda like THP). You can get the same experience by sitting at home on your butt. you can have a nice time and make it memorable if its a big game or event but it wont be the same experience of being there in person. Just my opinion.

I agree with a lot here, there are very few PGA events I’d travel for. Ryder Cup, presidents cup (maybe) The Masters, the Open Championship. That’s about it I think. Maybe the Waste Management as part of a guys trip, or to take my daughter to an LPGA event that was semi-close.

That being said, I prefer to see smaller events live. That goes for football, baseball, anything really. I’m not a huge sports fan (shocking I know) but prices to see any top tier sporting event are just crazy, and the venues are huge, you can’t see crap...I could go on and on.

I’d rather see a AAA baseball game, or a web.com (Im not going to call it that, and you can’t make me) or an LPGA event. You can see still amazing gameplay, and the experience is almost always better. Less crowds, better interaction with the players, less headaches.

I walked whistling straights for the US open and Warren here in south bend on a practice day for the senior US Open. I much preferred the practice day to get around the course and see guys hit multiple approach shots. It also was easier to walk. I couldn’t get close to the action at Whistling Straights and the hills were rough. I think I’d rather watch a practice round at a major if I go rather than the event.
Outside of that I’ll watch on tv.

Back