Do I Have a Golf Ball Problem?

ChadMo1

Reaction score
Longtime lurker, first-time poster. With this looking like "The Year of the Ball" it's a big challenge for a guy like me who very likely has a ball problem. This is just going off top of my head, but in my basement where I've got my mat/net setup, I did an inventory and here's what I've got stashed away: 7 dozen Kirkland 3-piece; 2 dozen mixture of Pro V1/V1x/Tour Soft; 3 dozen mixture of B330 RX/E12; dozen ERC; 2 dozen Q Star Tour; about a dozen Chrome Soft; about 3 dozen Duo Soft; about another 3-4 dozen left overs of Nike RZN and other randoms.

All of these are brand new, could be gamed, some are older certainly and have been passed by technology-wise by newer models, but they could all be gamed if I had to. On top of this, I've got probably 8-10 dozen bargain balls that I bought when my daughter started playing golf, so there's all sorts of Pinnacle, Top Flite, Noodle, etc.

THEN, there's maybe another 8-10 dozen found balls from over the years that I've hoarded and kept for some unknown reason. Not like I'd ever game any of those.

All of this being the case, now that the new lines of balls are coming out (excited about the Srixon buy 2/get 1 sale, the new B-RX, new AVX, new Chrome Soft, etc.), all I want to do is plunk a ton of money down on buying these new balls.

What the hell is my problem? Anyone else like this? My wife thinks I'm nuts and I can't really disagree with her.

It seems normal for me.

Sounds pretty normal to me. Welcome to THP.

First off: Welcome to THP! And the next ball you buy could be the one that is the ball for you. What you described sounds like my basement stash except all my gamers are last years models.

Some might think it is a problem, but look at it this way. It isn't a bad problem to have. :cool:

I think it's pretty common.

Not something I want though, so if I want to try a new ball I buy a sleeve. One. And play it. Maybe buy another if I like it. I'm all for finding good deals on things, but if it's on balls I walk away. It's the only way I won't end up with a stash like you described.

You're never going to play them all, and the older ones will just get older and less valuable. Sell them all and start fresh! It's not too late!!!

:welcome:
It's fun testing golf balls.

I think it's pretty common.

Not something I want though, so if I want to try a new ball I buy a sleeve. One. And play it. Maybe buy another if I like it. I'm all for finding good deals on things, but if it's on balls I walk away. It's the only way I won't end up with a stash like you described.

You're never going to play them all, and the older ones will just get older and less valuable. Sell them all and start fresh! It's not too late!!!
Never thought about selling them. I'd do that in a heartbeat. Any tips on best practices there?

:welcome: and as far as the ball problem, nope, don't see it! :cool:

PS, think of it as a investment for when they roll back the ball, big black market money! :p

Some might think it is a problem, but look at it this way. It isn't a bad problem to have. :cool:
I was thinking the same thing. It's probably an issue, but keep coming here and you'll at least figure out what to do with all the balls. Even if it is cut them in half for inspection.:eek:

I have the same problem. I can probably play for the next 2 years and not use up my current inventory.

I have a bag full of found balls and a few newer Pro V1 I purchased myself lol. I probably won't buy new ones until I put a dent in those. Although the new bridgestones look verrrry tempting.

Welcome!!! Seems pretty normal to me!

Never thought about selling them. I'd do that in a heartbeat. Any tips on best practices there?

eBay, garage sale, facebook, whatever. Once I admit I'm never actually going to play them, which it sounds like you have with the 'do that in a heartbeat' response they're basically worthless in my mind. So whatever I can get for them/it/whatever is a just a bonus to put towards something I will play.

Welcome to THP! I definitely don't have as many balls as you. Golf balls I mean :LOL: but if you're looking to donate/sell those RZN's I may be your guy. If they are the 2016 RZN Tour Black or Platinum that is lol.

Other than that, you have zero problem and you're with a lot of like minded individuals!

Don't ask Mrs Nut .... she will tell you I have the same problem! I'm a golf club hoe & a ball hoarder. I should be on the new show called "Hoarders - Golf Edition" :eek:

Welcome to THP! Since Christmas, I have 13 dozen right now! Don’t judge!

start donating by the box to your local First Tee [oldest first] until you equalize your inventory with fresh new stock?

You might be a hoarder but a golf ball problem is standing on the 18th fresh outta them!

Welcome to THP! You don't have a problem, you just really like buying golf balls!

Back