Do you carry a ball retriever?

• Yes

Votes: 16 13.4%
  • No

Votes: 90 75.6%
  • Sometimes

Votes: 13 10.9%

• Total voters

I don’t, but I’m genuinely curious how many who pack a retriever because balls are expensive are also anti-iron covers on the course.

I carry one that folds up very small and fits in my bag pocket. My vice is I love playing new, clean balls, so if I see one of mine where I can still get it and I'm not being pushed, I'll fish it out. I'm not a ball hawk though. I'll walk past a ProV1 if it's not mine.

I carry one that is folds up and fits nicely in one bag's pocket... don't fish for balls but I will retrieve mine or my playing partners.

I don’t but I never complain that a few of my buddies do. It’s always nice being able to grab a ball that is just out of reach with my iron. I only ever use it on my ball though. I don’t go searching

Yes. I carry a telescoping one that stows in a side pocket in my bag. I don't go ball hawking/fishing, but sometimes my ball isn't lost - it's just difficult to reach, and every plant in the desert makes you bleed. I can get it with a ball retriever quicker than I can dig it out with an iron, and save myself the bloodshed.

I don't carry one, but I should. Nettles and electric fences aren't always fun, now that I'm reliable enough to actually care and try to find the limited number of errant balls

I don't carry one, but Jen has one in her bag mainly because we have a couple of quite steep sided ditches, and if your ball ends up in one of those it is very retrievable but a bit awkward to negotiate the sloped sides. Being taller I can manage to have a foot on either side of the slopes and use a wedge to reach a ball

She only got it because the course removed the ones they had at each ditch due to the COVID situation, but admittedly it did come in handy when we played a course last year that had a lot of standing water on a fairway (too deep to walk through) and a couple tee shots finished in the water out of our reach with a club

I used to. Then I played with a guy who was pretty good and he finally told me to take it out of my bag because I was too good to have one of those.

I also have a renewed hatred for them after being stuck behind a notorious ball hawker two weekends ago, who after the round in the clubhouse when it was brought up, said 4.5 hours for our course was not only acceptable, but reasonable.

No, I only play one ball type at a time..... And the amount of ribbing from my playing partners would shame me for life.

No. It just isn't my way.

Yup. A 6' telescoping retriever that fits in the side pocket of my bag. If I see my ball close to the edge, I'm going to get it. I won't fish others out.

absolutely not...if my ball trickled into the water and I can grab it with a club, then I will. But if my ball isn't within a clubs reach im not gonna try for it

separate topic but even ball hawking in the woods or long fescue I cant stand. I dont wanna spend minutes looking for a ball Id have to take a penalty drop for anyway

Haven't carried one for probably 6-8 years.

Used to have one that clipped on the end of a club, and then extended. Super small, didn't mind having it in the bag when I cared about if i lost a ball or not.

Strangely, since I left it out of the bag, I lose far fewer balls without carrying one. Probably more of playing percentages, taking the easy shot, but a still a weird result

Absolutely not. If I can't reach it with a club I don't deserve it. There is nothing worse than seeing someone wander along the shorelines of a pond slowing play down while they pull balls out of it while you are waiting to hit your next shot.

I have one I bought for fetching practice balls out of our own woods. Haven't decided whether I'll bag it, yet, or not.

I do not ball retrieve because if that ball didn't want to be with me anymore, I am letting go!

Only on the Par 3 course here at home.

NO. Hard No. Who knows how long that ball has been in the water or hazard. Not to mention that it completely slows the pace of play down typically.

Years ago I carried one but after watching people fish ball after ball out of the ponds for 10 minutes instead of pulling theirs out and playing on, I took it out of the bag.

No. I typically carry, so definitely don't need the extra weight.

Back