?

• Woods

Votes: 114 93.4%
  • Metals

Votes: 4 3.3%
  • Other

Votes: 4 3.3%

• Total voters
That's called 'on the velocity rails' or 'on the radial weight' or something these days, old timer. :p

Hey. Listen up. (Turn up the damn aids if you need, 🤣)

I gots no screws. I gots no rails. Hell, I barely have velocity if I hit it “on the screws”.

I’m trying to keep the radial weight off, Thank You!!

Hey. Listen up. (Turn up the damn aids if you need, 🤣)

I gots no screws. I gots no rails. Hell, I barely have velocity if I hit it “on the screws”.

I’m trying to keep the radial weight off, Thank You!!
Just so everyone knows, I went like 5 steps further down the 'that's on the ______' and it's so fun in my mind that you'll be hearing 'oh, that was on the jailbreak!' and similar in live videos soon! :LOL:

Ball toppers

Oh ok, definitely woods,

Just so everyone knows, I went like 5 steps further down the 'that's on the ______' and it's so fun in my mind that you'll be hearing 'oh, that was on the jailbreak!' and similar in live videos soon! :LOL:

If you don’t call me old in the next couple days, after your dog prances off, as you drain an eagle putt (you following, 🤣) in the next couple days, I’ll tag @Hamfist every time I see you post.

Yeah. No one wants to see that. Well, probably @Hamfist It’ll make his stalking easier.

He knows I’m freaking rolling typing this.

"Metals" and you play irons, I play "carbon-steels."

Woods, always woods, for freak's sake.

If you don’t call me old in the next couple days, after your dog prances off, as you drain an eagle putt (you following, 🤣) in the next couple days, I’ll tag @Hamfist every time I see you post.

Yeah. No one wants to see that. Well, probably @Hamfist It’ll make his stalking easier.

He knows I’m freaking rolling typing this.
I’m way too apathetic to stalk someone.

And, “woods”. What am I, some kind of savage?

And, “woods”. What am I, some kind of savage?

Umm.

No.

Certainly no. You even hibernate. You’re the bear that’ll eat me in Alaska. Damnit. You seemed friendly enough?

Umm.

No.

Certainly no. You even hibernate. You’re the bear that’ll eat me in Alaska. Damnit. You seemed friendly enough?
Looks can be deceiving.

Metal woods for me

I think Ken Venturi tried to call them metals. Always seemed wrong every time he said it. I call them woods. I'm a traditionalist, I guess. Maybe we should start calling Tiger Woods "Tiger Metal"? lol
I don't think you are. Otherwise, you'd call them your play club and brassie.

Last edited:
This discussion is kinda like how folks when recording something still say they taped it.

Woods...

It's simple.

Driver, “ “-wood, “ “-hybrid, “ “-iron

Both interchangeably for me.

I used to refer to them As the Devils Clubs but now I just call them woods.

The bigger, roundish clubs that go a long way, what do you refer to them as?

follow-up question.
Are you still able to hit a ball 'on the screws'?
Woods. They may be metal but they still have the shape of a wood. If only woods were still actually made out of wood.

woods

3-metal reminds me too much of Johnny Miller (whom I can’t stand), so I refuse to ever say it. It will be a 3 wood to me til I die.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Some sort of fairway metal.

I played for many, many years when they were still actually wood so they will always be woods to me no matter what they are made out of.

This discussion is kinda like how folks when recording something still say they taped it.
I still refer to songs as coming from a particular album.

The way I was hitting them yesterday, they are now devil, devil, devil.

But I normally refer to them as woods.

Back