Do you/Can you wear sunglasses while golfing?

?

• Yes.

Votes: 130 73.0%
  • No.

Votes: 33 18.5%
  • Rarely but.

Votes: 15 8.4%

• Total voters
When I do wear them, it is between shots at the start of a round. But, I soon tire of the taking off and putting on, so they get put in a pocket of my bag.

Yes I do.

I've got 2 pair of prescription sunglasses. 1 is uncomfortable to wear. The other I like to wear but they don't like to stay on my face. So I'll be looking for new ones shortly.

I wear them often.
Polarized in the early through midday or a very open course.
Non-polarized for later in day or partly sunny.
With polarized I have trouble seeing the ball down the last little bit and my depth perception goes.

More so since I had cataract surgery.

Unless it is cloudy I have to have sunglasses on while playing. I tend to get headaches if I don't have them on.

I always have sunglasses on me. However most of the time they're resting on the brim of my had. I find it hard to track the ball with them on. I do like to put them on between shots but usually forget to do so. I've had them on my head for entire rounds without putting them on before.

I was always in the can't wear sunglasses while golfing group but since I got a pair of Oakley Flak 2.0 glasses with the magenta colored lenses I've been able to wear them golfing.
I not only wear them but they are very comfortable and allow me to see very clearly to play the game in sunny weather. My eyes don't feel as tired and gritty when I'm done either.
I never would have tried them but I got them free for using my Credit Union credit card. I earn points for each dollar's worth I put on the card and then can redeem the points for various things.

I’m very sensitive to sunlight (blue eyes) and have been depending on my ballcap for eye protection. Think I’m gonna try my sunglasses on this week. Hopefully it won’t throw off my swing.

This is a funny one for me....

I KEEP TRYING...... but I just can't do it.

I own prob 3 pair of golf specific sunglasses and never wear them.... :ROFLMAO:

I seriously can't see at all if I do. It's not an option.

I'm very concerned about my eye safety from the sun, and my light eyes seem to let a hell of a lot of sunlight in.

For me, it's a must if it's sunny out.
I never did and then a few years ago at a routine exam my eye doctor asked if i golfed, i said yes and he asked if i wore sunglasses when i played. I said no and he said you should. I found Oakleys with golf specific lenses and have worn them since when its sunny out. Ironically a friend of mine got the exact same advice from his eye Doctor around the same time,

Prescription lenses and golf for me do not mix.

The first time I did it I was hitting chunk drivers. Bad look!

I didn't use to wear sunglasses while playing, but my recent eye doctor appointment resulted in new glasses (I wear progressives) and instead of getting a pair of sun glasses with my prescription, I got a polarized "clip on" which is actually held on via magnets. It works great so as of about a month ago, I wear sun glasses while playing. Much easier on the eyes.

I usually wear mine. I've got a pair with golf specific lenses, and then a set of oakleys with a polarized set and a golf set of lenses. Trade them out based on the hat I'm wearing (they fit different.. ). Usually don't golf with the polarized lenses anymore - the golf lenses do a better job of letting me actually see the ball and the changes in the green.

I never did and then a few years ago at a routine exam my eye doctor asked if i golfed, i said yes and he asked if i wore sunglasses when i played. I said no and he said you should. I found Oakleys with golf specific lenses and have worn them since when its sunny out. Ironically a friend of mine got the exact same advice from his eye Doctor around the same time,
This is what I have always heard, and I believe it to be reasonable.

To me, it's quite easy to wear sunglasses with appropriate lenses when playing.

Those who do wear sunglasses to play. Do you prefer polarized or regular lenses.

Those who do wear sunglasses to play. Do you prefer polarized or regular lenses.

My putting seems to prefer specific golf lenses that amplify contrast and help me to really hone in on the green changes. The golf lenses also help me to see the ball in flight better, and to find them in the longer stuff I tend to end up in.

I read somewhere that polarized lenses made seeing the ball harder, and reading greens harder - I agree. Regular lenses are probably better than polarized for golf...

MUST wear sunglasses here in CA. Have to protect your eyes and reduce the squinting from glare.

Basically all the time, hard not to.....

Have to. Prescription sunglasses are a must-have for me, and it has to be pretty grim outside for me to put on my regular glasses while I'm outdoors.

I just tried it for the first time (thanks to this thread!) today at the practice greens. Put in about an hour or so working with my chipper and hit about 10 balls with my 5W; so far, so good.

I’ll be wearing my sunglasses this Wednesday, Lord willing, during my weekly nine hole round. Thought it would throw my swing off or something but it was fine. Kind of forgot I was even wearing them, which is of course a good thing.

Back