Do you change tee height to influence path?

Bryndom

2023 Grandaddy X!!!
Albatross 2024 Club
Reaction score
Handicap
GHIN 15
So I dug up an old article about tee height and how it could influence path of the swing and direction the ball flies..

Do you change the tee height to create a draw or fade? Haven't thought about teeing it up lower to create a fade before!

I change tee height to change the height of the ball flight more than left or right.
If I want to hit a stinger into the wind, I tee it lower and move the ball back a little from the normal position.
If I want to hit a towering shot with the wind, then I tee it a little higher and move it a little forward.

I had the opposite outcome with teeing the ball a touch lower. If I used the half ball above the head method I would slice the everliving dog turd out of it. Teeing it down a bit seemed to fix that some. I’ve only had one round of 9 with the B21 driver and a normal tee hight was used.

I use evolve tees and tee it up the same height every time for consistency. I prefer the 2 3/4 length over the 3-1/4 length as well

I will tee it a bit higher if the wind is at my back.

I use evolve tees and tee it up the same height every time for consistency. I prefer the 2 3/4 length over the 3-1/4 length as well

i tee it to the "H" in Hackers...

I tee the ball up the same height everytime. Driver gets the longest tees, and I use shorter tee heights for my other clubs.

I try to keep everything in my swing the same as much as possible.

I will switch back, and forth between wooden tees, and those brush tees. The brush tees last almost forever.

I use the "4 Yards More" tees, so my ball is teed at the same height all the time. I have enough trouble making consistent contact without introducing variables into the picture! :LOL:

Nope.

I don't change the tee height. I've found what works for me

I use a tee with a bevel on it to get the exact height every time. I am not nearly consistent enough to try to do stuff outside of my stock shot with a driver in hand. In fact many here would be amazed at the diversity of ballflights I can put on the ball setting up exactly the same every time.

The tees I use have lines on them and I try to set the same height for all of my drives.

For non driver shots I go just barely off the ground.

As @DataDude said above my swing produces a variety of shots on its own.

Yes. oh, I guess you want to know how... If I want a high(er) draw or fade, I will up the tee a notch, and move ball a touch forward. Lower draw or fade I'll knock it down a touch, and move ball back a touch.
Swing path gets adjusted for each one.

I do change tee height to influence path and flight.

I'm always half a ball above the face of my driver, no variation.

Yup. I tee higher into wind generally (I’m talking an 1/8” probably) unless I’m just trying to hit a punch cut around a dogleg right into position.

I want to hit up into it and hit a draw into wind most of the time.

I've never considered tee height to influence swing path. For shot shaping it is common for the best players to tee the ball lower when wanting to fade a driver shot.
Also, on the subject of tee height, at par 3 tee boxes it is common for amateurs to tee the ball way, way too high for their iron or hybrid. This promotes mishit shots for sure.

Same height for me.

Nope, I've never had success messing with my driver setup in any way, even to combat wind, just stick with what works and if I lose yards so be it.

DBABA22C-D25E-49AD-8A08-C880B53897A7.jpeg

I use these. Blue for driver. Red for Par 3s or my 3 Wood ect off the tee. Blue is right at 2.6 inches. Makes it very consistent.
Driver-Teeing it up over the stop promotes more of a fade for me. But not much. Or as some have said a high ball with a helping wind. Maybe if I’m trying to cut a dogleg or something.
Other clubs- On Par 3s I use tee height to control distance. Tee it up to take some distance off if I am in between clubs ect.
So for me it’s more about ball carry height and distance than shaping.

Back