Do you club up for colder temps?

I guess it to be 2-3 yards per 10 degrees and use 75 degrees as my starting temp. Works well enough.

Due respect to you I have some debate and or disagree (if I may) with both your points.

First the ball. A softer ball (in general) has a bit less speed anyway. But when its cold the softer core ball is also cold too. It too would be affected and since it produces a bit less ball speed anyway, and is also cold I am a believer it simply doesn't matter. Imo one should play the very same ball they prefer in warm weather. I believe the whole switching to softer core balls thing in cold weather is a misguided logic. Widely accepted by many folks but still misguided and not corect.

Ive also read but dont believe in the 2yrds per 10 degree analogy. I believe it has to be a percentage where as the loss is greater as the clubs get longer. It cant be the same with all clubs. A 90 yrd sw vs a 250 yrd driver would have to prove a parentage loss and not a specific yardage. From 80 degrees to 40 degrees with a driver there is (in my experiences) a whole world worth of more yardage lost than just only 8 yrds.
I use the 2-3 yards per 10 degrees but you are correct it is a %. I also never use it for driver as I rarely care unless there are forced carries. I also don't use it for partial shots. Luckily I am not good enough for it to matter if my guess has it 160 playing 167 and the actual % makes it 160 playing 169

Yes! I find about a full club difference for every 15/20°

Yeah, I will change my clubbing based on how the ball is flying. If the ball isn't flying I'll club and if it's getting out there, I'll club down.

Yes. Started off today in the mid 30’s. Clothes and cold make for less carry. With the course wet, many plugged shots and no roll. We all see at least 10 yards less distance on all shots

Back