Do you drive the cart?

I typically let @golfinnut drive but that may have to change. Last round we were playing a course with gps equipped carts. While sitting on the cart path waiting for the tee box to open the gps told him he had entered a restricted area and shut off. Dude’s jinxed.
That's fine with me. That way you have to sign for the cart which means you're responsible when I punch and break another screen. 🤣

Oddly I'm 100% driving out on the road but much prefer riding on the course.

When it comes to who drives the cart does the placement of the bag make a difference?

For me, I always look at the bags if my bag is on the driver side, I generally drive. On the passenger side, I expect my partner wants to drive.

I don't care unless it is a reckless driver, then I drive instead of them. I like being alive.

I do both. Don’t really have a preference.

Do you drive the golf cart when you play?

If you’ve played with @Canadan you know “daddy always drives” lmao

I prefer not to drive the cart I like to ride along and do other things. Many a THPer who has ridden with me knows if it’s an experience I will post if they agree to drive.

so what say you THP are you a driver or a passenger?
You are the perfect cardner for a team event, because you are so good at the live posting. I personally like to drive when riding, but that may come from a situation a long time ago where a guy crashed our cart, LOL.

Since I'm usually photographing the course as I play, I have to be the driver. I've tried it the other way a couple of times, but guys never remember to stop at the hole marker if it's a distance from the tee box. I wind up walking back to get the photo.

I also tend to play with older golfers so I wind up tracking everyone's ball flights. By driving I can get them directly to their ball in less time than it would take if I was trying to guide them from the passenger side.

I'm reactive...Either way fine. If my choice I choose ride as I will be out of cart walking more often than most.

There are a couple regular buddies that I won’t let drive as their vision sucks and so does their driving to a lesser degree. If it’s my son or daughter I absolutely would rather not drive. Even off the course, I love that my 15 year old has her permit now as she drove the 139 miles up to our cabin last night. She had to brake for deer twice so that was interesting, lol.

Zero preference I think me and my cousin alternate frequently. It’s really who ever gets there first and goes to get the cart

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Power move right there

It helps that I’m always ridiculously early. I just go get the cart and set up my stuff on the passenger side before my playing partner gets there.

Do you drive the golf cart when you play?

If you’ve played with @Canadan you know “daddy always drives” lmao

I prefer not to drive the cart I like to ride along and do other things. Many a THPer who has ridden with me knows if it’s an experience I will post if they agree to drive.

so what say you THP are you a driver or a passenger?

I drove while you posted....And i was happy to Drive because i have a complex about riding.....I DO like to be in the drivers seat

I am fine either way, doesn't bother me to ride shotgun. One round, I am glad I wasn't the driver was at Wolf Creek with @baylrballa driving. STEEP cart paths and whining brakes make for some butt clenching moments :ROFLMAO:

Picture doesn't do it justice on this one on way up to a tee box.

992746B3-B876-4554-A77D-324ADBAD6378.jpeg

When it comes to who drives the cart does the placement of the bag make a difference?

For me, I always look at the bags if my bag is on the driver side, I generally drive. On the passenger side, I expect my partner wants to drive.
We put our own bags on the carts, so there's always a choice. If my partner gets there first and gets the cart and they have their bag on the driver's side, I'll take that as they wanted to drive that day, no big deal to me. If we get there at the same time, I'll always ask if they'd rather drive or ride. Even though I prefer to drive, I won't force my way into it.

Oddly I'm 100% driving out on the road but much prefer riding on the course.
that's funny because I could not care less who drives a car. My wife often drives and it doesn't bother me at all.

Since I'm usually photographing the course as I play, I have to be the driver. I've tried it the other way a couple of times, but guys never remember to stop at the hole marker if it's a distance from the tee box. I wind up walking back to get the photo.

I also tend to play with older golfers so I wind up tracking everyone's ball flights. By driving I can get them directly to their ball in less time than it would take if I was trying to guide them from the passenger side.
the "where is my ball" guy is the woooorst haha

that's funny because I could not care less who drives a car. My wife often drives and it doesn't bother me at all.
I just love driving, my favorite job remains my time as a fed ex driver and any time there's a road trip I want to be in the driver seat. My wife definitely appreciates that as she's not a fan of driving

I just love driving, my favorite job remains my time as a fed ex driver and any time there's a road trip I want to be in the driver seat. My wife definitely appreciates that as she's not a fan of driving
I like when the wife drives because it means she's not napping, which is a 'ten minutes' in kind of thing when I'm at the wheel hahaha

I am fine either way, doesn't bother me to ride shotgun. One round, I am glad I wasn't the driver was at Wolf Creek with @baylrballa driving. STEEP cart paths and whining brakes make for some butt clenching moments :ROFLMAO:

Picture doesn't do it justice on this one on way up to a tee box.

View attachment 8977793

That was something else.

"Welcome to Wolf **skeert** Creek. Thanks for coming. **skeert**Please play**skeert** the native**skeert** areas as lateral hazards. And have **skeert****skeert** fun!" -@KY Golfer

Last edited:
Always drive, prefer it that way.

I like when the wife drives because it means she's not napping, which is a 'ten minutes' in kind of thing when I'm at the wheel hahaha
🤣 Yup, 10 minutes is generous for mine

Probably prefer driving a little bit, but not a huge deal.

If golfing with friends it doesn't matter to me as most know driving etiquette:oops:.

If I'm paired up with a random, I prefer to drive just in case slow cart driving/meandering/ball approach would occur.

Back