Do you eat leftovers?

When at restaurants, I never order more than I can eat during my seating so I never have doggy bags or containers to take home. However, my wife always orders more than she can eat, including appetizers and deserts, and she does have containers to go, and I always am the one that eats most of the left-overs. I do like most of the left-overs. Some are good the next day while others are not.

As I sit here eating last nights dinner for lunch it got me to thinking about how many leftovers I eat. I hate to waste food so mine are typically from dinner the night before where there was too much. I rarely bring home leftovers from a restaurant, yet somehow there is always takeout containers in my fridge that never get eaten. Why even bring them home if your not going to eat them?

Do you eat leftovers? What are some of the best meals to eat the next day?

I have found that red wine the day after you open it, is many times better than the day it was opened.

Food? I will doggy-bag it and eat it the next day, especially pizza, steak, meatballs, etc.

As often as possible. I too hate to see food go to waste. My wife will eat them occasionally and my daughter very rarely does so it is usually up to me to gladly be the disposal.

I have only eaten leftovers for the last 10 days. So yes, and no I am not sick of them yet either!

I'm not opposed to them, and bring them home regularly, but I rarely eat them. Leftovers seldom sound good to me, I would usually rather have a sandwich.

Sometimes.
I like leftover chick, steak.

I hate leftover pasta

We only cook three times a week, enjoy the leftovers for the other meals. Been doing it that way for 4-5 years now. Makes life easier and no wasting.

Sent from my Pixel XL using Tapatalk

I don’t.
Never cared too much for leftovers.

Chili maybe being the exception

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

About 75% of the time I will eat the leftovers.

Meatloaf is good. So is cottage pie or Shepherd's pie. Tater tot casserole. I'm seeing a trend here.

Yes. Wife & kids not so much.

For leftover pizza? Heat it up slowly in a skillet with a little olive oil. Turns the crust nice & crispy again......

Any kind of ziti or pasta with meat sauce normally ends up on my plate the next day. Other than that not too much though.

Are the really people that “don’t” eat leftovers? I eat leftovers every time we make food at home intentionally making too much to have the next day. Just makes sense and saves $$

Not if I can help it. Will do spaghetti or chili because it's hard for my wife to cook a small amount. Usually eat to much when eating out because I'm not going to eat it later.

Leftovers are a must. It’s either lunch the next day or dinner a couple nights later.

Really picky when it comes to leftovers. Pizza of course, turkey, prime rib and any kind of pasta. Anything else is just gonna lay there.

Sent from my SM-G892A using Tapatalk

My house drives me nuts on this. I'm the camp chef, my wife doesn't cook at all. I also work late a couple days a week (almost always planned so it's not a surprise). When I make dinners I usually make enough that they'll have dinner the next night I work late and some for my dinner at work the next night.

Do they ever eat it? Nope. I'll come home at11pm to find out my wife will have got a crappy pizza or Wendy's or some other crap. I feel guilty at the amount of food that gets wasted at my house.

When there's a discussion about leftovers, this bit immediately comes to mind :alien:

There are just a few things I'll eat leftover. Pizza, spaghetti (leftover sauce and fresh noodles,) chili... that's about it. It's not really a taste thing, but more of a childhood thing. Growing up in a huge single income family, it was always leftover meals and hand-me-down anything and everything. I just prefer not to do it anymore. My wife and I usually cook small enough where there isn't much left over, if any.

i had leftovers today! the chicken was great. the broccoli was soggy and disgusting.

I love leftovers. Half the time I end up eating leftovers that the wife doesn't eat. Leftovers at any meal are good enough for me.

I’ll eat leftovers, but my wife and kids refuse to eat re-heated food. Just more for me I guess!

Absolutely. It’s so very convenient.

I love leftovers. Spaghetti is the best the next day when you mix the sauce and noodles together then reheat it in a skillet with a little olive oil.
Put that on a buttered Kaiser roll and its a fantastic sandwich for lunch!!!

I hate wasting food so I eat a lot of leftovers. On my diet I intentionally will cook enough to last me a few more dinners. It's an efficiency thing for me.

Back