Do you enjoy playing in a scramble?

I've had some that were incredibly fun. But one thing hate is just how long some of them take, esp when the group itself isn't having all that much fun.

I've only played in one Scramble. While I wish we collectively could have scored better.....my teammates couldn't have been better. @Doubleb21 , @Wildcat4life , and @AzBirdgang. We also got to play on an amazing course.

So yes, I really enjoyed playing in a scramble. But we did not get caught up in all the BS that could be associated with such an event.

I enjoy them when it's for charity or to benefit a local high school sports team. From a golf standpoint, I would rather play stroke play or best ball. I always play with the same foursome for each tournament.

What I really like is the social aspect of it. I don't get as much as I used to, so the one for our local football team is almost like a high school reunion that only has the people I actually want to see. We'll usually do a "practice" round after work the day before, then a ton of beer at someone's house after the tournament itself. The people over it are also good at putting our different teams together to start (9a and 9b) so there is good banter back and forth.

My club has an ABCD scramble on Thursday’s at 5:30. I enjoy them. Get to rip some drives and save our team when I occasionally drain a put.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

I wouldn't want to do em every week, but a couple of times a year, I'm fine. Depends entirely on the group you're playing with, and your mindset has to be different too.

Love them when it’s for fun or charity and any cash prizes are minimal. Always amazed when a foursome of 20+ handicappers card a 59.

One the things I love about golf is the scramble format.
We actually travel around to play them.

Sent from my SM-N981U using Tapatalk

They are a nice change of pace & we always play just to have fun. Plus I always try to be on a team where I'm not the worst.😆

I think change of pace that's fun, the league at work was two man and it gets old always playing that format. Out of league this year due to format. Wish it was best ball or shamble. Lots of non-golfers in it

My favorite way to play a round is during a scramble. Partner hits a good shot and you just grip and rip it. Partner hits a bad shot and the pressure is all on your shoulders.

Back