Do you enjoy watching golf on TV?

For the most part. Depends on the announcing.

Just Sunday for the majors. If it’s a blowout, I’ll go watch paint dry. But that 96 Sunday Master’s I missed still haunts me. Greg was proof that your game can go off the rails.

I watch very little golf on the TV, but I often enjoy it when I do

But it does bug me when they show the exact same people constantly, and the constant Tiger coverage when he is nowhere near contention is something that can cause me to stop watching if I am being honest

Yes, but that's after a very long spell of not watching any golf. Wanting to start golfing and THP have got me interested again and after watching The Masters I'm hooked.

I PVR almost every round but probably watch probably only 25% on weekday rounds and 75-100% of weekend rounds. I PVR just so I can skip commercials and that annoying “play it through” split screen. If I can’t get to sleep, nothing works better than have it play at reduced volume, within 5 minutes I am out.

If I want the TV on watching some golf is better than just about any other stuff on. Majors and big national level competitions get watched more. I do like certain parts of the schedule more than others. Primetime (East coast) golf when on the Hawaii/California swing is always a bonus. I also like the European tour events on live in the mornings.

I love watching golf, but the broadcast can definitely have an impact on my interest.

Don't show the same dudes, don't hang for reaction, etc etc.

I enjoy a telecast from Jim Nantz a lot but don’t fancy Sir Nick Faldo.... really wish they could swap out Azinger for Faldo and then I’d have the best of both worlds lol 😝

I don't watch any golf on TV. It's not just golf as I don't really watch any sports on tv. I will watch select auto races such as endurance racing at Bathurst, LeMan, Nurburgring, Petit LeMan, Daytona and the Isle of Man TT.

I always watch golf be it PGA, LPGA, European or Champions tour.

I think it's like baseball, cricket, and soccer. If you understand the game and especially if you've played it, you understand there is a lot more to it than just swinging your arms or feet. Watching it becomes a lot more interesting. If you don't, the whole thing seems boring and pointless.

Yep. On all the time in my house.

I really enjoy watching golf on TV. I really am not picky, just like watching golf. Now, I don't usually have the sound on, but I do like to watch the game played.

I feel like I watched it a lot less this year than normal. I did watch the majors though. Typically I'm good for a least a few hours on the weekend when its not a major
I think this is the case for me too... but I think I watched different golf too. For instance, I've been watching older events - like Shell's Wonderful World of Golf. The last two I watched were from 1962 with Byron Nelson and Gene Littler, and then from 1963 with Jack Nicklaus and Sam Snead.

I feel like I watched it a lot less this year than normal. I did watch the majors though. Typically I'm good for a least a few hours on the weekend when its not a major
I watched a lot more of this year than I've ever watched before. I had more down time, and it also filled the gap especially on Sundays. I used to spend Sundays watching NFL from the morning pre-game show all the way until the post-game breakdowns at night, had the NFL Sunday Ticket package on DirecTV and it was an all-day thing for me. Watching golf on Sundays fills a nice 4-6 hour part of that now empty space.

I enjoy watching golf on TV. I do wish the coverage would expand to more players.

I do like to watch on TV especially to see and admire the courses

I enjoy watching golf on TV. I do wish the coverage would expand to more players.
You'd think with the technology available now a person could just select a player and follow them along at your own will. Swap out to someone else when you're feeling the need... Want to watch two players? Split screen.

We can do this already with hockey games. Want to watch the whole game from the net camera? No problem.

I like watching the LPGA - I think the coverage is better and I can imagine having similar shots and clubs. Sometimes the PGA is like watching home run derby and a cornhole tournament (putting)

I love to watch, but must admit that it also is a great way to take a nap, if there is not something compelling going on in the broadcast.

I love to watch, but must admit that it also is a great way to take a nap, if there is not something compelling going on in the broadcast.
And those golf watching naps are glorious!

Love the pga tour on tv, probably not tuning into kronferry regularly unless cool venue, but watch pro am celeb and LPGA

I do However, I generally wont go out of my way to watch it. Being a tad on the fiscal conservative side, we dont have cable or Satellite TV so my options are just the weekends. I don't give up recreational time to watch it, but if its a project day, i will start early and relax in the afternoon to watch it. Also have some recreational property with a cabin with no satellite tv, so if we are there, thats a no go for sure.

I like watching the LPGA - I think the coverage is better and I can imagine having similar shots and clubs. Sometimes the PGA is like watching home run derby and a cornhole tournament (putting)

I think they have many fewer commercials 👍

Yep... enjoy watching all levels & types of golf... Majors, regular tour events, LPGA, Korn Ferry... I’ll watch it.

Golf, baseball, sailing... longer attention span sports/activities seem to be just the ticket for me...

Back