Do you ever do First Class when flying?

Usually fly first when I fly distances. I have a ton of upgrade/points from whenever I was traveling that I haven't used.

I've flown 1st class a couple of times, both by buying the upgrade at the gate.

Never flown first class. As close to first as I get is using early bird with Southwest where we can typically get good seats in the first 5 rows. :ROFLMAO:

I've flown first class a few times when work will spring for it (typically business class on international flights). Occasionally, I'll fly enough for work to score an automatic upgrade or be able to do it with upgrade certs. I tend to save my miles for family vacations though, so I don't spend them on upgrades.

I’m small, so I’m not massively put out by regular seating, and I already get a bag free. It just depends on time in the air

First class yes and most of the time I get updated via status.

Only one time for our honeymoon to Hawaii! It is purely for the comfort and it was a special trip. If i ever go over seas i would have to consider it!

I have flown first class a couple of times, but just don't see the need for the additional expense. Since, I don't fly for work and the money is all out of my pocket, I would rather use the additional fee toward dinner and entertainment after I arrive at the next location.

Never have flown first class in my life.

Anything over 5 hours is in the front of the plane, unless it is Jetblue then it is a exit row window.

Yes once. The lady at the AA counter asked me to get out of line while boarding. Not sure if it mattered but I had a suit on as I was going straight to a wedding. She said I had just been upgraded to 1st class. :cool: It was great and I wish it wasn’t so expensive cause I’d do that again in a heartbeat.

Never have, but you can get anywhere domestically from Louisville in 2-3 hours (that's why UPS has their world air hub here) so it just doesn't seem worth it.

Never flown first class. Most comfortable I've ever been on a flight was in the tail of a C130 wrapped up in a blanket and sound asleep for 6 hours of the flight from Vandenberg AFB, CA to Hickam AFB, HI.

Does flying private jet count? On regular flights i have upgraded my wife. Never me. We all know the saying.......

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

nope never have but probably will at some point in my life

I have had many jobs where I travelled so much globally that I had top tier in multiple airlines plus company policy was such that flights over 8 hrs got upgraded. I don’t miss traveling but when you’re flying to the Far East and Europe upwards of +20X per year, first class is really nice. Plus the elite status in airlines got you into so many cool airline lounges all over the world and when something goes wrong like a flight cancellation, it is nice to have a place where you can lie down and have a hot shower, followed by a quiet breakfast. I absolutely hated to leave an airport at 11 pm just to sleep 4 hours in an airport hotel. Just the hassle of picking up luggage, getting to hotel, back thru security and customs was absolute nightmare. I would just get re-ticketed, head to the lounge and relax until the next morning.

I once worked in Atlanta for a year on a project and flew back and forth every week. I used to fly out on the early flight from Toronto on Monday and return on the first flight out of Atlanta on Thursday morning. I must have flown 45 weeks that year first class both ways no charge. When traveling so much, it was nice to be pampered.

I have had many jobs where I travelled so much globally that I had top tier in multiple airlines plus company policy was such that flights over 8 hrs got upgraded. I don’t miss traveling but when you’re flying to the Far East and Europe upwards of +20X per year, first class is really nice. Plus the elite status in airlines got you into so many cool airline lounges all over the world and when something goes wrong like a flight cancellation, it is nice to have a place where you can lie down and have a hot shower, followed by a quiet breakfast. I absolutely hated to leave an airport at 11 pm just to sleep 4 hours in an airport hotel. Just the hassle of picking up luggage, getting to hotel, back thru security and customs was absolute nightmare. I would just get re-ticketed, head to the lounge and relax until the next morning.

I once worked in Atlanta for a year on a project and flew back and forth every week. I used to fly out on the early flight from Toronto on Monday and return on the first flight out of Atlanta on Thursday morning. I must have flown 45 weeks that year first class both ways no charge. When traveling so much, it was nice to be pampered.

This is the best perk of status. United's policy is if a flight is delayed after 7pm, you don't need to wait for it to be cancelled to be re-ticketed and given a hotel voucher. Just pick up the phone, or go to the agent in the club.

Back and forth from San Antonio to Anchorage a couple of times. Long trip and definitely worth it. I have sciatica and sitting in one position in a tiny seat is agony.

Used to when my ex worked for an airline. I’ll still get bumped to business when flying from LHR due to my contacts there.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Only when it is through status. Domestic first class isnt as big of an upgrade nowadays though.

Only when I get upgraded or the 1st class seat isn’t much higher than economy.

I do like it though, you get some leg room, some side space, and it’s great to work in

Many times.
Usually via upgrade.
Although recently pricing has helped too. For instance last trip to Chicago. First class was only $69 each way more. Between the meal and the space for me to work, since I had a lot to do, it was worth it. Nice glass of wine with dinner, some ice cream afterwards, etc. Recent flight home from Wilmington with GG, 2 flights, and it was $150 for both of us for all.

Is it worth it? Depends on the amount of time on the plane. Short flights? Not really. More than a few hours? Absolutely. And if flying international, give me lie flats or give me death haha.

This is me, flight time over 2 hours is my threshold of purchasing first class if it’s reasonable cost. Or if it’s a super early flight/red eye.

I don't think I've ever flown first class.

Sent from my SM-G965U using Tapatalk

Bump for 1st class upgrade this morning for my flight from LaGuardia to Houston. Much needed too so I can cat nap. Landed here last night at midnight, worked all night, and leaving in an hour and a half for home!

Just got upgraded to 1st Class on all my legs next week! Win!!!!

Back