Do you ever feel after the round?

HERRINGBONE

Reaction score
Handicap
Do you ever feel after a round that you posted a high score on that you just tried to hard? I have that feeling some times. I have posted my best rounds after I felt like I had nothing to lose and just hit the ball. Any thoughts on this?

I have never really noticed a difference honestly.
I think as most of my rounds are with THPers, I dont take it too seriously, yet still try if that makes sense.

I play to have fun and laugh so i dont take them too seriously. I haven't had this feeling fortunately

This makes complete sense. It's really easy to get tense and stressed over trying to make the perfect shot. This happens to me more on the range, but still happens on the course sometimes.

I've done that in the past. I used to put a lot of pressure on myself to the point if no longer enjoying the game. Once I quit having that mindset and just enjoyed playing, the game became much easier and fun.

Do you ever feel after a round that you posted a high score on that you just tried to hard? I have that feeling some times. I have posted my best rounds after I felt like I had nothing to lose and just hit the ball. Any thoughts on this?

Sure, and I think what you describe is sort of a natural feeling in both cases. One of your worst rounds doesn't feel so good and feels like your working. Your struggling and so you try to figure things out. Your not trying too hard imo as though that is the reason for poorer play but are simply working harder as a result of it.

And the other way when a better round is played I don't think its a free mind that causes the better round, but imo its the better golf that feels easier and less stressful and then frees the mind.

Totally understand what you are saying. I've noticed my best rounds is when I turn my brain off and just play golf. When i try to hard is when I get tense and don't play well.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Totally understand what you are saying. I've noticed my best rounds is when I turn my brain off and just play golf. When i try to hard is when I get tense and don't play well.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Yes but start playing poorly and it will be the poorer play that turns the brain back on.

I certainly understand and get that overthinking can hurt ones play and know that this happens. But I am of the believer that most the time its the play itself (for better or worse) which then causes us to think and work vs staying free and clear.

If I'm gunning for a trophy I'm scrambling all the way. But I'm not miserable. It's just a different kind of fun.

Then there's the fun rounds.

Whether tournament or fun play, good or bad, I'm thankful for a day of golf. If there are kinks to work out, it's off to the range.

Back