Do you ever play the course, on the range?

I've done in a handful of times to change things up when I practice. I'll pick a hole, par and distance and then base my 2nd shot on how I hit my first, etc.

I do this all the time. Especially if it’s the day before a big (for me) round.

I put up some really good scores because all my snap hooks end up playable. “That one would have bounced off a tree and not gone into the cornfield. Hand me my PW”

I put up some really good scores because all my snap hooks end up playable. “That one would have bounced off a tree and not gone into the cornfield. Hand me my PW”
Haha I do this too. Nasty slice into the adjacent driving range... but thank god it bounced off the range ball picker cart and back into my fairway!

I will "play" the first hole after I've warmed up but I've never played the entire course on the range. I visualize the first tee shot, hit it, then hit the next shot, then I'm off to the 1st tee to repeat what I just did on the range. I never leave the range until I've hit a good drive to finish on

I also play the first hole after I warm up. I start my warm-up with my wedges and work my way all the way through to my driver not hitting with every club but odd numbered clubs or even numbered clubs. Since I know I'll be hitting my driver first, I spend a few extra balls seeing how I'm hitting it that day. I, then, follow with the 2nd shot club I usually use on the first hole.

Back