Do you ever walk when everyone else is riding?

Yup, I've done it before. I walk for the health benefits, and I like taking my bag to my ball around the greens if necessary.

i get paired with riders fairly frequently...i don't think me being the lone walker affected the pace of play.

I'm there to walk and get my exercise, but realize there may come a time when I need to change. Walked MO bluffs course with 3 riders a few weeks ago and they said I was only the 2nd walker they'd ever seen on that course.

Technically my wife and I both walk since we take turns walking holes. We use a cart for 18 holes, but I walk the odd holes and she walks the even ones. If doing that would slow down play we only walk after our second shots instead of the total distance of the hole from the tee shot.

I prefer to walk 99% of the time regardless of the circumstances. Power carts don't seem as common here as they do in other places. Plus, $20-25 for a half cart? Never gonna pay that.

I think tee boxes I'm very likely to just go with the group, but I won't be pressured into sharing a cart.

I've walked plenty of times with others who ride. Never affected the pace of play. I might not be that good but I'm not one who plays slow. When I hit the ball my ADHD kicks in and I want to get to the next shot as fast as I can. I tend to get a little impatient waiting for the other guys to hit. I've been told plenty of times to watch out because I'm heading to my ball and an errant shot could come my way.

Carts are included at every course I’ve ever played and I’ve never walked. Even if I wanted to, I’d ride if that was what the rest of the group was doing. I just like consistency.

I approach tee boxes the same way. If I get paired up with fandoms that are playing different tees than I intended, I’ll just play the same ones as them.

Walked yesterday and the others were riding. No issues keeping up.

I will always walk regardless of others riding. It's how I enjoy the game and it's part of my exercise routine.(At least that's the way sell it to my wife! Lol)

I don’t like to walk much, but If it’s randoms and I’ve already went out there prepared to walk, then yes. If I’m in a planned foursome and they all want to ride, I’m not going to walk.

Yes. I do it all the time on league nights for 9 holes. I move along quickly no matter how I’m playing. I also am fortunate to get good distance so I don’t fall behind any riders.

I did today actually.
got paired with a twosome at the club, they were riding and GG and I were walking. No issues at all.

I walk 95+% of my rounds, even if the others are riding.

Sent from my SM-G975U using Tapatalk

I do it all the time. I often will walk tournaments while most are riding. Just prefer to get to the ball at a pace where I am not having to wait very long.

I have frequently walked when everyone else was in a cart. I like the exercise and I tend to play better when I walk.

The solo cart thread and the Motocaddy M7 thread got me thinking about playing with randoms. Let's say you were paired with a 3some but don't want to share cart with a stranger, would you walk while the others ride? Even if I want to walk and the others are all riding I feel obligated to ride because I feel like they will look at me and say whats wrong with this guy...its actually the reason I don't own a push cart even though I think they are awesome.
Oftentimes I am the lone walker in a foursome. It doesn’t bother me at all.

If I'm playing solo with random people, yeah I'll definitely do it. I can always keep up.

If playing with friends/family who are riders though (and I have many who are), I'll ride. Mostly because I want to be social with the group. Although I absolutely LOVE when the whole foursome walks, you can actually be much MORE social.

Walking vs riding is based on how i am feeling that day, not what other people in the group are doing.
This is the right answer. Lol
I usually ride if i dont know the course. First time. Otherwise I’m walking.

Sometimes. Walking is preferred, but sometimes the company in the cart is better.

Yep - Found I play better when I walk. Most of the time I'll carry but sometimes I push cart it. I'm pretty fast player anyways so I don't hold many people up. On long stretches between holes I'll jump on the back of the cart to get there - but walking is always better for me.

I walk whenever possible, regardless of what the others in my group do. The only real exception is some courses that have the long hikes between holes, or to get to the first tee if it's a long way from the clubhouse. On the actual holes, it's very easy to keep up or even ahead of cart riders but the 3-4 minute hikes between holes on certain course makes me feel like I'm slowing the group down so I might choose to ride those.

On a related note, as someone who walks all the time, nothing is more frustrating than going to a course that requires me to ride and then having a "cart path only" rule in place so I end up walking even more than normal and having to pay for the dang cart! :rolleyes:

There's another why I prefer walking. I can't tell you how many times I park the cart 50 yards from my ball around the green because I can't drive up to it with the cart. I take the wedge and putter out. Walk to the ball and think maybe I have the wrong wedge for that shot. I don't wanna slow things up going back to change the wedge so I try make the one I have work. A lot of times it doesn't. Or sometimes I leave the wedge behind after putting out. Only to realize it a couple holes later. With the push cart I can take my bag all the way up to the ball and decide then what club to use.

Back