Do you ever walk when everyone else is riding?

I always walk, bag is on a cheap folding 2-wheel hand cart. I have yet to play with anyone with carts that played faster than I do, never get weird looks or attitude. My "pre-shot routine" is done while walking to the ball including figuring distance (no laser, bought one and hate using it). Current course has a lot of up and down and it is a slog but worth the hike.

On the rare occasion where I've been in a cart I felt like I wasn't really connected to the game or the course.

I've shot under par twice on 9 holes, both were walking with my own push cart. Play much better and looser especially in the cooler fall and spring weather. I plan my shot and visualize it as I approach. Take a practice swing as I feel the visualization and pull the trigger. Since we are going to walk to our own balls it definitely makes up time of driving to everyone's balls.

The solo cart thread and the Motocaddy M7 thread got me thinking about playing with randoms. Let's say you were paired with a 3some but don't want to share cart with a stranger, would you walk while the others ride? Even if I want to walk and the others are all riding I feel obligated to ride because I feel like they will look at me and say whats wrong with this guy...its actually the reason I don't own a push cart even though I think they are awesome.

Golf as a game is meant to be walked. You play better, concentrate better, more enjoyable/connect to the earth. Riding in a cart is for posers, unless it's over 115 degrees.

Golf as a game is meant to be walked. You play better, concentrate better, more enjoyable/connect to the earth. Riding in a cart is for posers, unless it's over 115 degrees.
I agree and I actually enjoy it quite a bit, so why do you think most people prefer to ride vs walk?

Not all courses can be walked.
Not all people are able to walk that far.

Should we just eliminate them from the playing pool? Kind of tough for the person being labeled because of an inability to walk a golf course and yet still want to enjoy the game and contribute when they can.

Life's too short to worry about whether some other guy wants to ride in a cart. Or walk. Or wear those dorky looking joggers with low cut socks and golf shoes...oops, never mind. That doesn't matter either.

It's easy to be a hater. Even easier to just stick to your own game and let the rest go.

Back