Do you follow style on Tour?

Golf Ghost

Reaction score
This is an interesting one because the new year recently started and a bunch of guys switched sponsors.

Do you follow who and what guys are wearing or is the only way you notice someone has changed due to THP or another media source?

not really, no. I think I notice sponsor logos more than style. Although if I am in the market for some new shoes or something like that I will take more notice of them. I figure if a pro is willing to walk 72 holes in a pair of shoes, putting his livelihood on the line, they're worth a look from me. There isn't much else in the fashion world that will really make a difference to their game, IMO.

I do follow. I don't know everybody, but I usually notice when a bigger name switches it up.

Im not that keen when Im watching so THP pretty much makes me aware of the major changes

I guess I'm the only one that stays up to date?

With my job, I sort of have to, but figured there would be others.

I pay attention.

Good example is adidas. They really went downhill there for awhile, but latest outfits are sharp.
Saw a colored belt on Spieth the other day and thought that was pretty cool.
Obiously hat fashion is sort driven by the Tour to an extent.

I pay attention.

Good example is adidas. They really went downhill there for awhile, but latest outfits are sharp.
Saw a colored belt on Spieth the other day and thought that was pretty cool.
Obiously hat fashion is sort driven by the Tour to an extent.

Did the tour players make you buy a flatbrim?

The newest trends generally start on tour, it's a great way to stay up-to-date in my opinion.

Did the tour players make you buy a flatbrim?

Erica actually bought me that blue one, but yes KB was the reason I bought the Cleveland one :)

No, I do what I want.

sent without the boss's knowledge...

I feel like the old guy when I react to some of the outfits. Wearing grey, blue, or black suits everyday of your life will do that to you I guess.

I don't usually pay attention to what they're wearing unless it really stands out as ridiculously OTT like Fowler's matching color outfits or dog ugly like Daly's.

I pay attention. I like to know what the trends are and who wearing what.

I don't follow at all really. I like to see the stuff, but don't pay enough attention to know who wears what, or what is in style at the moment.

I have a few that I pay attention to more than others. With Nike being #1 in my closet I look to see what Tiger, Rory, Watney, etc. are wearing, but I also like what Oakley and Puma are offering out there. I don't have enough of them in my closet and I need to change that real soon. I'm attracted to the brighter colors/combinations and definatley notice when someone switches up.

I pay attention. I like to know what the trends are and who wearing what.

I'm the same way. Maybe that's the reason that you, me and Golf Ghost are frequently in the apparel pondering thread...

I like to see what they're wearing. I have specific colors I like when I'm golfing. My favorite days though are the ones leading up to a major and the companies release the outfits for specific golfers. I really like the Oakley stuff that Bubba's had this year, I might have to make some purchases...

Style is the last thing i'm concerned about on the course. I think some of these folks look like clowns on the course. To each their own but style isn't my thing.

Style is the last thing i'm concerned about on the course. I think some of these folks look like clowns on the course. To each their own but style isn't my thing.

Not to disagree, but technically speaking everyone has a style. There are quite a few guys on tour who are defined by their style.

Sent from my Nexus 5 using Tapatalk

Of course I do. I like seeing what is in style and what looks I might be able to pull off.

I have yet to see a tour golfer wearing a transformers shirt. Their style has room to grow apparently.

I do, but it's generally to see what color schemes are trending, and not just for clothing, but shoes & bags as well. Grey & orange are getting a lot of love this year. I can't really afford to buy the newest stuff, but I try to keep up with what is generally liked from year to year.

Back