Do You Gingerbread?

Mmaynard11

Grandaddy Captain Alumni
Albatross 2024 Club
Reaction score
Handicap
One of our favorite holiday pastimes is to build a Gingerbread house. How many of you partake with your children & if so let’s see your creations!

My daughter has become quite good over the years & no longer needs my help.

I will post final pictures as we just started this morning!!!

Happy Building!

DA3B8503-95E0-4CE2-981A-EF2D3EFBDFFB.jpeg

We just built them with our grankids. I was going crazy on my wife as she pulled out 4 bags of peppermint bark for roof tiles....

We do each year. Usually a little closer to Christmas. I'll stop back in once complete!

We just built them with our grankids. I was going crazy on my wife as she pulled out 4 bags of peppermint bark for roof tiles....
Yes I know the feeling...my daughter was ready to go all out on the decorating...thank goodness for friends knocking on the door this morning.

090B90CF-C974-4C85-BCC5-FB10A6BD9CD3.jpeg

Nope can’t say I ever have not even with the kids

With mine being teenagers I don’t think they have any interest
Now that would be classic...alright kids we are doing this as a family. I think you would receive some blank stares.

Now that would be classic...alright kids we are doing this as a family. I think you would receive some blank stares.
This is how I’d envision it

We usually order pizza, make some hot chocolate, and do boys vs girls in our house, then have the kids judge afterwards. Boys are undefeated, mainly because we have 3, to the 2 girls :ROFLMAO:

We usually order pizza, make some hot chocolate, and do boys vs girls in our house, then have the kids judge afterwards. Boys are undefeated, mainly because we have 3, to the 2 girls :ROFLMAO:
I like that idea!!!

computers are taking over our brains. wife just came downstairs and asked if i wanted her to make gingerbread cookies today.

thank you for launching this thread into the universe, @mmaynard11

Not a yearly thing, but if they are there my girls will build one

Wifey got the kits for the kids; we’ll be ready to construct later this month!!!

Yes we do this, my wife and I, our youngest, even our junior high and high school kids join do.

Cal is turning 5 this year, putting him right in the 'can probably accomplish things on his own' camp.

I think it's time.
More decorations might be eaten, rather than used, but he will enjoy it!

Tip: make up the house ahead of time so the "glue" hardens, and makes its easier to decorate.

D loves all things about Christmas and has been adamant about starting our own traditions.

Building a gingerbread house is one of them - we did a fun one last year in the city, this year we’ll do it at home.

I’m really just here for the candy

Nope, not in my house growing up. I did it once or twice at friends houses when I was a kid, but it was never my thing. I'm not crafty and I don't like candy or gingerbread so it never did anything for me.

More decorations might be eaten, rather than used, but he will enjoy it!

Tip: make up the house ahead of time so the "glue" hardens, and makes its easier to decorate.
Hahaha I said this to Taylor today...are you decorating or eating!!!

Back