Do you golf on Thanksgiving?

Rain and cold weather moving in on Friday. Plenty of early tee times available. Hmmmmm?

Possibly 40’s and rain on Thursday. You bet we’re still playing nine!

I am amazed at all those playing, and wish I could say the same. If I wanted a divorce then I could try. 😂

Typically I would be playing but current physical condition precludes me this year!

Nope.
part of me wishes I could, but I also really really love parades, so it would be hard to pass up watching the Thanksgiving Day parade, and then play yet somehow make it back for dinner.

If it was warm enough I'd sneak out for nine holes in the morning.

The wife and I will sometimes take a trip south to find warm golf weather on Thanksgiving, but not this year.
Stay home, stay safe.

If we dont travel to visit family, absolutely.

Rain is moving in Friday thru Sunday with cold temperatures after that. 7:06 am tee time booked for Thanksgiving. I blame this thread and the OP specifically.

Just got my hole assignment for the shotgun start. Hole 12 on the Tournament course. It is a short Par 4 followed by a long Par 5. Guess I better find time to warm up before I start.

I have a chance to sneak in a quick round between get togethers,
A quick round between get togethers?
Whats a quick round? and if its between two get togethers.....then what time are these get togethers? I dont get it. Is one of the get togethers a thanksgiving breakfast?

Will you be at one get together at 1pm then leave at 3, play a round to 5 and then on to the other? In just trying to place how a round of golf fits in between two thanksgiving get togethers.

Thanksgiving is family, food, and football.
Weather is usually pretty iffy anyway. Now the day after...

A quick round between get togethers?
Whats a quick round? and if its between two get togethers.....then what time are these get togethers? I dont get it. Is one of the get togethers a thanksgiving breakfast?

Will you be at one get together at 1pm then leave at 3, play a round to 5 and then on to the other? In just trying to place how a round of golf fits in between two thanksgiving get togethers.
My group does a brunch so people can spend the rest of the day with their families. It's not overly complicated. And it's nice for the people who don't have families to feel a part of it all and see their friends and fellows on that day.

Last edited:
I have before, but only when it was a big family gathering with entirely too many people in the house, so since we were going to be out of the house anyway, might as well go golf.

This year I'm golfing on Friday.

In a three foursome skins game on Saturday but guessing some guys will back out. Should get into the 50s later that afternoon but probably not until after we're finished. That particular course sits way down in a valley and takes much longer to warm up than most around here. Morning low is slated to be 25(n) Nothing else scheduled over the long holiday but might still try to squeeze in a quick round somewhere Friday. Turkey day is always family time even though just the two of us this year. Stupid virus.

Last edited:
We are gonna get wet tomorrow morning! But it’ll be 20° warmer than last year’s round 🤷‍♂️
1606316082787.png

Not on the actual Turkey Day...but....YES. I'll brave the cold.

Screen Shot 2020-11-25 at 8.40.43 AM.png

Yes this forecast is actually below normal temps!

Nope. I’m the designated chef.
P.S. - take the pop up “turkey tracker” out of your Butterball so the officials can’t tell how many people are in your house tomorrow!

I was only lucky enough to golf on Thanksgiving one time. I live in Minnesota and the weather is usually too cold to golf on Thanksgiving day. It seems like it's usually only in the 30's that day.

Man if the weather cooperated and the course was actually still open, I would absolutely go. Never really an option here though, so no need to worry about the lady getting mad at me every year lol

Thanksgiving is family, food, and football.
Weather is usually pretty iffy anyway. Now the day after...

Yup! That is exactly our feeling!

I got to play on Skanksgiving (today). So that’s nice.

I used to for about 5 years. Haven’t in recent years. Just got back into golf. Tee times seem hard to get these days though with so many people golfing.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I played golf today does that count?

Back