Do you golf on Thanksgiving?

We normally play a early round and get done by 10-10:30 but I may have a friend coming in from the D.R. so if he does I will just hang out and visit. Wife bought a 25 lb. turkey for 6 people (if everyone shows, my son my be on call)....might be some leftovers..especially if there are only 3 of us.

i wish. 0 chance my family would be ok with it.

i wish. 0 chance my family would be ok with it.

Might try and get out with my normal group at 5:30 am for 12 holes of glowball and 6 holes or real golf prior to the shotgun

I golf any and every opportunity I get - there are no days off limits. Would golf in preference to weddings, funerals, birthdays - you name it.

I golfed every Thanksgiving when I lived in AZ and NM. Now that I'm in WA, it's a balmy 37° and the courses are closed. :(

I know it's not the intent of the original question, however in non-Covid years we are always in Florida for Canadian Thanksgiving and you can bet the bank that we play. Our trip host is also a chef so we usually eat pretty well afterward.

I know it's not the intent of the original question, however in non-Covid years we are always in Florida for Canadian Thanksgiving and you can bet the bank that we play. Our trip host is also a chef so we usually eat pretty well afterward.

That would be a cool trip- 2020 sucks

We’re at our FL condo and all 5 of the Canadian families that own a unit in the complex are here right now.
I’ve never really thought about playing on Thanksgiving but I played today and am playing Wednesday and Black Friday. When I lived in CA we either skied or golfed almost every Black Friday.

When hosting, not a chance in hell. When not hosting, still no. Usually cook a big breakfast just to start the barrage of food.

i have for sure. i am not going to this year but black friday without a doubt!

Nope. Usually go pheasant hunting in the morning.

we used to always go out with Dad on thanksgiving early at the base course because it was closed. but you were allowed to walk on. After Dad passed, my brother and I hook up every year on Thanksgiving a play a round. WE take his Spaulding Executives out with us, persimmon woods and all and play shots with his clubs.....

Our club is officially Closed! Unofficially, they leave everything you need to play ready to rock but I never go

FYI, around here if you were going to do so you had to make plans several days ago. All the tee times are booked! Same is true for pretty much the whole week, except if you are willing to play 9.

We have before if it allows. Kids are grown and on their own, stepson is always at his fathers so just the wife and I. Good day to spend together and be outside if weather permits.

Never been fortunate enough to. Would love to instead of sitting around doing nothing until dinner time :/

Not usually able to in Wisconsin

WhenI was stationed in the south in the Air Force, I'd make sure to golf on Thanksgiving, Christmas and New Years as we couldn't back home (y)

I assume you refer to Augusta National ?
Hahaha I can’t even play there in my dreams. In my dreams they send me away but I say thank you for your time.

It’ll probably be 30 degrees, wind blowing, possible snow.
It’s just not in the cards for me, this time of the year, ever really..

Never been fortunate enough to. Would love to instead of sitting around doing nothing until dinner time :/

You rocking that sweet 1/4 zip?

Back