Do you golf on Thanksgiving?

I don't normally but I am going to walk 9 in the morning.

Course is open, but the weather will be terrible. So I'll play 9 or 18 on the sim.

I take back my playing plans. 3 straight days playing with some range and club testing mixed in and I'm beat. Think I'm just going to go full holiday lazy over-eat and hope the delicious fats find their way to and lubricate my joints.

Last edited:
Tomorrow will be the first time I've played on Thanksgiving.

Apparently golf on Thanksgiving is a thing. All carts staged and assigned. All done by email, find your cart and everyone tee’s off on assigned hole at 830 am 7028C9DD-E420-491B-99CC-A85B2D8C82B0.jpeg

By the way, it’s a beautiful and fitting day at a crisp 40 degrees currently. No wind at all. Something is screaming Bloody Mary to me for starters. ;) Since it is cart golf I’ll try to keep the live thread posted.

Course was closed so my brother and I snuck on and walked 9. Shot a 4 over 40 with a double in there. Played pretty well. 50 with a 10 mph wind here in Indiana. Just threw some long johns on and a toboggan and it was a great morning. Played the quota game and came in at even!

Would like to make this a tradition but I have a feeling weather won’t always be this cooperative.

Happy Turkey Day Everyone!!!

Crap weather today wonder if my course still ran the shotgun

I golf any and every opportunity I get - there are no days off limits. Would golf in preference to weddings, funerals, birthdays - you name it.
You must live alone, like I do. Ha ha, JK.

Crap weather today wonder if my course still ran the shotgun
I woke up to snow on the ground, not that I could have played anyway, since I have to prepare an entire Thanksgiving dinner for my daughters and son in law, a first time try by myself.

Was gonna go to a nearby range while kid napped, but courses all closed. Understandable, but yeah I probably should have checked that before I got all excited for it.

Upper 70s on the first tee at 9:00 (finished at 81*), a gentle breeze, and just enough humidity to be comfortably warm. After one attempt, I’m a huge fan of Thanksgiving golf. Course was busy this morning and they closed around 2:00 or 3:00.

924B84BF-EB30-46B1-BF2D-AE496992598E.jpeg

I left before the sun came up for a 7:00 am tee time. 55 degrees and no wind made a perfect day for golf. 39-40=79 was a great start to Thanksgiving.

Never have. Most years we spend this day with family. This year my wife gets off just Thanksgiving Day. So we'll lay low, so she can recharge. (She does play, so a future year with the two of us out there is possible.)
Surprise, it happened! A buddy found an early 9 hole tee time. So we went out and I was finished by 9:30 am. The wife slept in (much needed). So it worked out great!

We've played quite a few times the day after Thanksgiving, Christmas, and New Years Day. There are courses around here that will stay open weather permitting. But never the day of. Usually too much work to do.

played today...will do it on xmas if can

Back