Do you have a controversial golf take?

Flexfit 110 hats suck.

That and cigarette butts. I'm a smoker but also a former assistant superintendent. Nothing pisses me off more than cigarette butts on a course or sunflower seeds on a green (other than unrepaired ball marks).

You 'll find 10 cigarette butts in my pocket before you'll ever see me throw one down on a golf course.
Why don’t they put ashtrays in the carts? I always wondered. Seeing your background and aversion to them I thought you might have some input

Why don’t they put ashtrays in the carts? I always wondered. Seeing your background and aversion to them I thought you might have some input
To be honest, I think that people think having an ashtray is encouraging people to smoke. Most cars don't even have ash trays anymore. I think it's stupid, personally. It's not like people are going to pick up smoking because "Hey, there's a convenient ash tray there".

But, in all honesty, the world will be a better place when there are no cigarettes. Truth.

To be honest, I think that people think having an ashtray is encouraging people to smoke. Most cars don't even have ash trays anymore. I think it's stupid, personally. It's not like people are going to pick up smoking because "Hey, there's a convenient ash tray there".

But, in all honesty, the world will be a better place when there are no cigarettes. Truth.
That can be said about anything... the world will be a better place when there are/is no ...

I....am...soooooo.....tired of allllllll the trick shots. Just stoppppppppppp. It’s not entertaining anymore. It’s officially jumped the shark

I....am...soooooo.....tired of allllllll the trick shots. Just stoppppppppppp. It’s not entertaining anymore. It’s officially jumped the shark

i honestly have not seen any of these

i honestly have not seen any of these
You must not be on IG or Twitter.

to be fair, if you haven’t seen any, you should check it out cause it’s nuts. But, my lord there are so many people with so, much time on their hands.

#shrinkthegame
Most days it’s hard to get a decent tee time.

If it was up to me I’d never see another starter, marshal, clubhouse, pro, cart girl, cart boy, score card, and any golfer not in my group. Golf at its best is a lonesome endeavor free of all distractions.

I haven't read through the post but yes, i feel i may have controversial views. In no particular order ( numbered just to separate them)

1. Pros should wear shorts

2. the fairways and greens shouldn't be mowed so tight

3. I should be allowed to/not scorned if I don't tuck my shirt in. (obviously it's not knee length and hanging out)

4. Talking should not be prohibited or looked down upon as someone is hitting. I can understand about a sudden noise or loud shout but just casual conversation? Get over yourself if you think you missed your shot because I was talking in conversational level.

5. Hat off and handshake after a round shouldn't be made to feel necessary. Nothing wrong with a fist bump or a friendly wave and kind remark. ("But it's about respect"...again, get over yourself. You just played a round of golf, not visited Arlington National Cemetary).

6. Bring back metal spikes (don't start complaining how they will mess up greens, it was fine for 100 years. Mow the greens to a millionth of an inch to its death and everything will showup. That just goes back to length of fairways and greens. You think the pros of the 50's and 60's were putting on billiard tables like they do today?

7. As a non smoker, i'd be perfectly fine with no smoking on the course. Most people are responsible but it only takes a few to make a mess

8. Mandatory that once you putt you hole it out before next person hits. (and picking your ball up to mark itevry putt after the first one) Someone walks in your line...get over it. Just like those bozos in Jaws who thought they caught the shark that killed that poor little Kitner boy, the odds that someone walking across your putt line and messing up your putt are a hundred to one Martin, a hundred to one). Exception can be made on water logged greens.

9. Bunkers are called a hazard for a reason. Let's go back to making them a hazard by tossing out the rake and deal with the lie you're given. If you insist on having them perfectly manicured then make all green side bunkers deep pot bunkers.

I'm sure there are others but I need too go kick the neighbors kids off my lawn.

I don’t really care about smoking, but I’m in agreement in every other one of these. Heck, I wouldn’t have a problem with smoking being banned either...I just don’t really care.

My submission: The Masters/Augusta National is the embodiment of everything bad about golf. There are plenty of good things,but they choose to focus on the terrible parts. The only good thing about it is the profit I made on some Wednesday tickets a few years ago.

My submission: The Masters/Augusta National is the embodiment of everything bad about golf. There are plenty of good things,but they choose to focus on the terrible parts. The only good thing about it is the profit I made on some Wednesday tickets a few years ago.
Could you be more specific?

Sent from my SM-G960U using Tapatalk

My take?

If your group plays a hole in over 14 minutes during prime time, say before noon, you are flagged and removed from the course.

I've never seen an ashtray in a cart. Do you have a photo?

Brown grass is better than green grass. Nothing more fun than a fast and firm golf course, even if it's less pretty. Plus it's cheaper to maintain!

Golf shall be played with a white golf ball, music may not be played on the course, internal OB stakes are to be ignored, 16 clubs will be allowed in a player's bag, appropriate attire shall be worn and cargo shorts and hoodies shall be forbidden.

....I'll think of more :unsure:

People that play more than 4 in a group are SOTE. They should be banned from the course.

Players shall not play from the furthest tee box if you don't have the game for it. Just because "You paid you're money." :eek: Hitting fairway woods into par 4's does nothing but clog up the course & slow up play for everyone else.

Brown grass is better than green grass. Nothing more fun than a fast and firm golf course, even if it's less pretty. Plus it's cheaper to maintain!

I agree with this. I play on a seaside course with water concerns and we let the fairways brown up in the summer and it is a blast.

Players shall not play from the furthest tee box if you don't have the game for it. Just because "You paid you're money." :eek: Hitting fairway woods into par 4's does nothing but clog up the course & slow up play for everyone else.

I guess my thought is if you can get around the course in under 4 hours I don't care what tee box you play from. Forward, middle or back. If you fall outside of the pace you need to skip up to where you are right behind the group in front of you and move up 2 tee boxes.

I guess my thought is if you can get around the course in under 4 hours I don't care what tee box you play from. Forward, middle or back. If you fall outside of the pace you need to skip up to where you are right behind the group in front of you and move up 2 tee boxes.
Maybe I should have worded it differently. You can play back there if you want, as long as you play fast. :ROFLMAO:

Back