Do you have a favorite vacation spot?

Hawaii. I would also include the Kiawah area also.

We went to HI on our honeymoon as a wedding present from my in-laws. She traveled a lot growing up while I stayed mostly in the Northeast.

We have a golf travel bucket list but for vacations I tend to like to stay the same (she likes change!) Applies to our politics also I think! I am a big SC and GA Golden Isles fan. Would love to winter there in my retirement someday.

I think we try to do one big trip per year and one shorter one.

Vegas.... It's got everything I could ever want and it's like mainlining pure excess. I'm up to 6 times a year from Virginia on my habit.

My goal in life for a long time was to go out there with $365,000 and gamble/party $1000/day for a year. See how long I could keep it going after the year was up on comps, Freeplay, and whatever was left over.

We like Los Cabos and La Paz in Mexico as we've lived there, we know people and places, and it's so easy to fly there from Houston. That said, my favorite so far has been Croatia. Looking forward, we want to try places we've never tried before (Goa, Maldives, Viet Nam, Panama and Columbia are all on our short list).

I've heard good things about St. John, never been though. My parents always go to St. Kitts as their Caribbean island of choice.

Rehoboth beach Delaware. very nice and tons to do.
I tried to go to Rehobeth Beach once and didn’t make it. Killed myself in traffic on Route 1 on the way in.

(We actually only took the ferry from Cape May to the outlets, but I’m sure you know what I’m talking about).

I tried to go to Rehobeth Beach once and didn’t make it. Killed myself in traffic on Route 1 on the way in.

(We actually only took the ferry from Cape May to the outlets, but I’m sure you know what I’m talking about).
that's true....that way in on a Saturday can be a beast. we always leave bright and early (i come from outside of philly) to avoid the traffic. just get there and either hit the outlets or the beach.

Absolutely loved Maui and can't wait to go back with the kids. Just waiting until our youngest gets a little older as its such a long trip.

Sea Island was amazing and that shot right to the top for us. Another spot that we will definitely be bringing the whole family too again soon.

Hilton Head, Longboat Key FL and Door County WI

My favorite spot is always going to be Orlando. I love Disney World and Universal.

For me its Wisconsin. Part of it is because its home and its the place that made me who I am today but more than that there is just so much natural beauty, so much history and so many different things to do there.
Part of it too is that life just moves a little slower there and in many ways there is just nowhere else like it.

Hvar, Croatia. It'd definitely not a place I will get to frequent but it was an incredible vacation and I plan on going back in the future.

I love traveling almost anywhere some of my favorites in the warmer climates are the Dominican, Aruba, Jamaica, and Riviera Maya. For non-tropical northern Minnesota for camping and fishing, Rocky Mountains for hiking and snowboarding.

I have several places I love visiting. 30A in Florida between Destin and PCB, the Rocky Mountains, western NC and NYC. But, St. John wins every time for our “big” trips. We’ve been to a few other islands in the Caribbean but none of them are close to STJ for us. We’ve talked about other islands but always revert back to STJ. I guess it’s a form of FOMO. Maybe we are just in our ways and like what we like.
STJ is our all time fave as well. Gallows Point is our go-to spot to stay. Laid back, beautiful views and an upper deck bar that gives the best view of sunset on the island. No place I’d rather take a vacation.

STJ is our all time fave as well. Gallows Point is our go-to spot to stay. Laid back, beautiful views and an upper deck bar that gives the best view of sunset on the island. No place I’d rather take a vacation.
We haven’t stayed at Gallows Point but I agree on Ocean 362.

Hvar, Croatia. It'd definitely not a place I will get to frequent but it was an incredible vacation and I plan on going back in the future.

Croatia is def on our list next. Our good friends honeymoon was there, and they loved it. I've heard nothing but great things.

The Brainerd Lakes area is an easy drive for us and it is so relaxing every time we go up there.

Croatia is def on our list next. Our good friends honeymoon was there, and they loved it. I've heard nothing but great things.
Hvar was seriously my favorite place I have been. I was there partying but I have close friends who went for a honeymoon and loved it as well. Dubrovnik was amazing too and there is a ton of awesome sightseeing outside of the cities.

Definitely not an inexpensive place to stay (nothin is down there, really) but we really enjoy it and the views from the units are amazing, all day long.
Truth. We’ve stayed at Grande Bay 4 or 5 times but, the last few times, we’ve rented places over on Maria Bluff. Great views and privacy but I miss the convenience of Grand Bay.

Used to go to Sandals Montego Bay since 1998. Too expensive now, so we saved our cash and moved to Florida. Lots of places to go on a tankful. Now all our friends come to visit, and we only charge them $1000.00 a week. 😅

Back