Do you have a favorite vacation spot?

We used to have a time share in Vegas and traded yearly for Orlando... wound up going there 3 years in a row. My wife and I asked each other, "why do we keep going to Orland?" Aside from the answer we came up with being "just because"... we got rid of the time share and stopped going to Orlando.

Where is our favorite place to vacation? We haven't find it yet.

That is interesting, wonder if where she stayed had anything to do with it. To me, it is one of the most beautiful places I have been to, and I have been to a lot of places in the Caribbean.
I've never been so I don't know the layout to the island but it had to do with a very long ride to the hotel from the airport, very hot and humid, no air conditioning and the inability to do much because of covid. She stayed at an All-Inclusive Sandals resort too.

I've never been so I don't know the layout to the island but it had to do with a very long ride to the hotel from the airport, very hot and humid, no air conditioning and the inability to do much because of covid.

Well yes, Covid will certainly play a factor in any vacation haha, we haven't been during COVID admittedly.

Not sure about the no AC, the resort we have spent most of our time at there has AC everywhere, the other resort we stayed at, only has 3 walls in your room so no AC.

1638455473112.png

It is hot during most of the year, but it's also in the Caribbean.

Barbados & St Lucia are favorite "destination" places because of the All-Inclusive All Adult fun at Sandals Resorts. That's a blast every time I go. Other than that, my beach house near VA Beach on the Chesapeake Bay, where I can do all the fishing I want either off my jet skis or the boat. Put me on the water, relaxing with the waves, catching fish & beer in hand .... nothing better in my mind. Plus there are golf courses not far but when I'm there I don't think much about golf in all honesty. I'd much rather be on the water. :cool:
We’ve done a couple of all-inclusive places but doubt we do it again. All the amenities were nice but we’d rather check out local restaurants And beaches.

We’ve done a couple of all-inclusive places but doubt we do it again. All the amenities were nice but we’d rather check out local restaurants And beaches.
See I kinda like the exclusivity of the resort. They have the beach roped off so no one from the outside can come in. i.e. drug dealers & vendors :LOL: We had a guy walk right up to us as we got passed the roped off area & offer us some weed. "Hey mun, only $20 US get you high as a kite in the sky." We acted like we didn't hear him & returned to "our" part of the beach. :ROFLMAO: That's when the guard told us that happens a lot if you go outside the resort. So we just take the guided tours offered by the resort & pretty much lay at the beach all day drinking Pina Coladas :p

See I kinda like the exclusivity of the resort. They have the beach roped off so no one from the outside can come in. i.e. drug dealers & vendors :LOL: We had a guy walk right up to us as we got passed the roped off area & offer us some weed. "Hey mun, only $20 US get you high as a kite in the sky." We acted like we didn't hear him & returned to "our" part of the beach. :ROFLMAO: That's when the guard told us that happens a lot if you go outside the resort. So we just take the guided tours offered by the resort & pretty much lay at the beach all day drinking Pina Coladas :p

I agree with this, but see both sides.

I will NEVER not go All Inclusive, regardless of whether it is Jamaica, Caribbean Islands, Mexico, etc. mostly for the simplicity of what AI gives you.

You know what you are going to pay, and then if you want to go off property there is the ability to do that.

2-3 day visit would be Paris, Prague or Budapest.
Longer would be Hawaii, Cancun or New Zealand to get some homeland time.

We either go to Destin 30-a area....bu lately we are in a 30' travel trailer at a national park seeing all the places we never had time to visit

Haven't really been to a whole lot of places but Antigua was fantastic and St. Petersburg/Mosco, Russia in the Summer are also incredible.

My wife's son lives there and she visited over Thanksgiving. She loves going there! Leon's is her favorite restaurant, but there are so many great places!
Best chicken on earth, that I’ve had thus far.

There are so many great vacation spots. Loved Tossa de Mar when I was there. Ireland is always nice. Pagosa Springs for skiing Wolf Creek, Silverton and Telluride, great Hot springs. Love Saratoga for the races. Always fun to visit my parents in Manisota Key in Florida.

I just love vacation and always want to be vacationing. That might be why I have no vacation time or money.

I agree with this, but see both sides.

I will NEVER not go All Inclusive, regardless of whether it is Jamaica, Caribbean Islands, Mexico, etc. mostly for the simplicity of what AI gives you.

You know what you are going to pay, and then if you want to go off property there is the ability to do that.
I definitely understand that and it was a concern when we went to Punta Cana and Antigua. In PC, our AI resort was surrounded by its sister resorts so we didn’t have any problems. On Antigua, the resort had only one way in and out and was surrounded by a massive private residence on one end and a mile or so of rocky shore on the other.

That’s one of the things we love about St. John. Never been approached to buy drugs on any beach on St. John or in town.

all-time favorite was Sandals at Grenada. wow that place was amazing but very expensive. we went on our 20th anniversary.

we are planning a trip to Sandals Antigua in 2023 for our 25th. can't wait

My daughter lives in Florida, so I spend time there. I enjoy both the East and West coast and have vacationed in Long Boat Key, Sanibel, Jupiter, Palm Beach and Miami. Other than that my favorite in state vacation spot is Lake Placid.

Hawaii...any island. We just got back 2 weeks ago from our first visit in 2 years and we had a blast. Can't wait to return.

We are not the types to go back to the same place - there are too many places in the world we want to see to have a single or even a couple of places to go to regularly. But some of our favorite places in recent years have been the Dolomites (Italy), Iceland, and the Greek islands.

Now that I don’t live close to the mountains anymore I look forward to ski vacations more than warm weather spots. Jackson Hole, Aspen, and Snowbird/Alta are some of my favorite resorts.

Right there with you buddy! I live close to little baby mountains, but my ski trips out west and to New England are my happy place. JH, Snowbird/Alta, Banff, Revelstoke, Telluride and Crested Butte have been my favorites I've been to so far.

Milos, Greece.

Our apartment is in downtown Adamas, and we took our daughter for the first time this past summer. It's a wonderful 14 day escape.

That is amazing. My wife and I were just on Milos the first week of October, as well as Paros. We would really like to get back to Milos especially - loved the rugged nature of the island - but we also want to get to some of the other islands because there are so many! Do you actually own a place or do you have a time share?

That is amazing. My wife and I were just on Milos the first week of October, as well as Paros. We would really like to get back to Milos especially - loved the rugged nature of the island - but we also want to get to some of the other islands because there are so many! Do you actually own a place or do you have a time share?

We have very good family friends, that own basically a compound in Adamas, and have a country house on the hills outside Paleochori Beach, on a more remote part of the island.

We do not own yet, but are actively in negotiations to buy one of our friends Apartments (the one we usually stay in).

Did you happen to make it to Plaka, to take in a sunset? It's unreal.

There are many more islands, but Milos is where my heart is.

We are not the types to go back to the same place - there are too many places in the world we want to see to have a single or even a couple of places to go to regularly. But some of our favorite places in recent years have been the Dolomites (Italy), Iceland, and the Greek islands.

Right there with you buddy! I live close to little baby mountains, but my ski trips out west and to New England are my happy place. JH, Snowbird/Alta, Banff, Revelstoke, Telluride and Crested Butte have been my favorites I've been to so far.

My wife loves to travel and it will be a big part of our retirement. We have a Greek Island trip planned for next September and a New Zealand trip the following year.

I haven't made it to Revelstoke or Whistler yet but I've been fortunate to have skied almost all the other ski resorts out west over the years including about 100 days at Snowbird/Alta; you can't beat that light Utah powder, and I can't wait to get back there in a few months. The one thing I miss about living in CA was having all those Tahoe ski resorts so close enough that on a powder day I could play hooky from work, get in a quick 20 runs, and be home before dinner. :)

My favourites are a cool, downtown hotel in Manhattan (June next year) or a villa in Ibiza (maybe September next year).

Pretty much wherever family is. My wife and I are both big on spending as much time with family as possible so almost all of our vacation trips are going to see them. Fortunately, our family is all in Myrtle Beach, SC; Destin, FL; and Boca Raton, FL so we get the best of both worlds.

Vegas. Love it. People say you can’t spend more than 4 days in Vegas. I used to spend 2 weeks there.

We have very good family friends, that own basically a compound in Adamas, and have a country house on the hills outside Paleochori Beach, on a more remote part of the island.

We do not own yet, but are actively in negotiations to buy one of our friends Apartments (the one we usually stay in).

Did you happen to make it to Plaka, to take in a sunset? It's unreal.

There are many more islands, but Milos is where my heart is.

We sure did make it there - one pic I took is below! Gorgeous place. Spent a day at Paleochori on the trip as well, so we're familiar...a little too familiar as my wife managed to drop her engagement ring into the ocean there! (Was replaced by insurance fortunately) I can certainly understand why you love Milos above the others, we would definitely love to go back but there are just so many that we need to check some others out. Have you been to many of the others as well?

PXL_20211003_153424039.jpg

My wife loves to travel and it will be a big part of our retirement. We have a Greek Island trip planned for next September and a New Zealand trip the following year.

I haven't made it to Revelstoke or Whistler yet but I've been fortunate to have skied almost all the other ski resorts out west over the years including about 100 days at Snowbird/Alta; you can't beat that light Utah powder, and I can't wait to get back there in a few months. The one thing I miss about living in CA was having all those Tahoe ski resorts so close enough that on a powder day I could play hooky from work, get in a quick 20 runs, and be home before dinner. :)

Agree on the light Utah pow...JH and Colorado powder has been pretty epic in the past as well though! That must have been great to be able to jump up there on short notice for the day. Miss having close access to big mountains like when I lived in SLC and in Washington!

Back