Do you have a putter rotation during the season?

SeeMore Golf

Desmond

Is it the score or the adventure
Albatross 2021 Club
Reaction score
Handicap
Workinonit

Scorpion12

B + <-- Be Positive. UP! Not down. Nice not mean.
Albatross 2021 Club
Reaction score
Handicap
I've only got one in my bag. - Strokelab 1. It replaced a Yes! Valerie which isn't going back in my bag.

Joshnoble01

Albatross 2021 Club
Reaction score
I had 3 that I was rotating through. Picked up a used TM Spider X on the cheap. Wasn't considering full mallet but my putter has been buttery and awesome so far this year. Only part of my game that is good.

Jeff Spicoli

I used to be good at golf
Albatross 2021 Club
Reaction score
Handicap
History
No I don't rotate. My pea sized brain couldn't handle switching back and forth with putters.

Jason89er

Putter over Driver
Albatross 2021 Club
Reaction score
Handicap
I played the same Odyssey Black Series 1 for about 7 years I think. Blade style putter which I loved but I needed something with more alignment help. Treated myself to a Scotty Special Select Fastback 1.5 and I LOVE it. Played slow greens, fast greens. Does it all. Inside 3-4 is automatic now. I can’t imagine switching putters all the time.

Badger_Golfer

Reaction score
Handicap
How often do you change putters during the golf season? Last year I played with one putter the whole time, but this year I am thinking about going back to my blade putter.
Im guility of changing putters way too often and would be wise to just pick a putter and stick with it. Right now, I have a rotation of probably 4 putters but am going to really try to stick with 1 putter this entire season.

NeverWiff

Reaction score
Handicap
12.9 GHIN
I played the same Odyssey Black Series 1 for about 7 years I think. Blade style putter which I loved but I needed something with more alignment help. Treated myself to a Scotty Special Select Fastback 1.5 and I LOVE it. Played slow greens, fast greens. Does it all. Inside 3-4 is automatic now. I can’t imagine switching putters all the time.
I’m usually a blade guy when it comes to putting, but i love the look of the Scotty Fastback 1.5
Might just have to track one down and give it a roll.....

Jason89er

Putter over Driver
Albatross 2021 Club
Reaction score
Handicap
I’m usually a blade guy when it comes to putting, but i love the look of the Scotty Fastback 1.5
Might just have to track one down and give it a roll.....
To me at least...it’s still feels very blade like with the added alignment aid. I got a full putter fitting at a PGA Superstore before I chose this one. If you are going to spend that kind of money on a Scotty I highly recommend doing this. And being 100% happy with what you get will also keep you 100% happy with using the same putter for years to come. I always thought they where overpriced until I bought one. Amazing putter.

KEV

Albatross 2021 Club
Reaction score
Handicap
I've rotated through putters like crazy the last few years. This year I'm going to try committing to one and occasionally rotate one other on when I need a little refresh. It's going to be quite the challenge for me!

Snowman

It's a dry heat!
Albatross 2021 Club
Reaction score
Handicap
GHIN 13.9
Doesn’t switching putters mess up your feel for distance?
It does mine!

I tend to stick with one putter for years. Once I'm used to it and comfortable with it, it's hard for me to change something that works.

With that said, eventually the "ooh, shiny!" wins over when I try something new, and if we hit it off it will become the #1 in the bag. But it definitely doesn't happen multiple times a season, and putters don't go into rotation for me. It either replaces my gamer completely or it doesn't.

gmiller598

Par 3 Net Zero
Albatross 2021 Club
Reaction score
Handicap
Nope. I own one putter. My Odyssey EXO Seven S I've had ever since Haig Point. I considered a Bettinardi Inovai 6.0 Crescent Neck and flirted with a milled Scotty Cameron for a while but got rid of it when I realized it wasn't as good. The EXO is staying until I ever find another 34" S neck mallet putter I like better.

DufferToo

100 Putters and Holding
Albatross 2021 Club
Reaction score
Handicap
Putters
I have 30ish here that I rotate through depending on what catches my eye.

Once or twice a year I will keep my core 5 or 6 and rotate the rest through off site storage to fill out the ranks. It keeps things "new" and helps curb my putter ho'ing.

Though I did relapse and just picked up a Frontline ISO off the "Bay". ;)

fairwaynut

Bettinardi Aficionado
Albatross 2021 Club
Reaction score
Handicap
SingleMalt
I am getting very close to finishing the line for my putter rotation for the coming year. One is being worked on at Bettinardi and I will pick it up on the coming Thursday. I'll show off the rotation, probably on Friday. I usually like to use a putter until it misbehaves and then the next one goes in the bag while the last one gets a timeout. :cool:

Jman

Golfing Equipment Reviewer
Albatross 2021 Club
Staff member
Reaction score
Handicap
Usually, yes. This year it will only rotate when I’m working on review articles, so not nearly as much of a rotation I’d venture.

WLG1952

Reaction score
Handicap
I always stay with my gamer. I played the same putter every round for 20+ years. I'd still be playing if not for a freak accident.

My current putter I have been using for the past 2+ years.

I occasionally will use another putter just for the heck of of it. However, when playing for a score, I always go with my #1 gamer.

It's all about familiarity, and confidence.

formula8

Albatross 2021 Club
Reaction score
Handicap
I mainly rotated between two last year but there were a few others that got a 1 round demo before being cut. More have been added to the fray this off season and indoor tryouts are under way.

MarMill

#Paradise2020
Albatross 2021 Club
Reaction score
Handicap
8-9
I never imagined people would use this many putters. 30 plus putters is pretty impressive. I am going to start out with the blade again this year but probably move back into the del mar later.

deadon500

old guy
Reaction score
Handicap
11.2 GHIN
I have 4 on hand 1.1967-2001 2. 2001-2015 3, 2015-2020 4. 2020---. 4 is my gamer but when I just play for fun the others get a day in my bag...

tommyhaka

Reaction score
Handicap
No, I used one putter last season, and will use the same putter this season. Odyssey Stroke Lab double wide that just works for me. If the putter works well for you and then doesn't, it's not the putter, it's the puttee.

El Rayo X

Reaction score
Handicap
I have about 15 putters hanging around, but probably 5 in a rotation.
Most in the rotation are Anser style blades, either plumbers neck or flow neck.
Several are collectors items. Plus some old blades (8813, Spaulding TPM 7) that just get rolled on the practice green for fun.

rumstove

Albatross 2021 Club
Reaction score
I have five putters. Of those five I have three putters that I really like so I rotate between those three. They couldn't be any more different from each other but I feel I putt well with all of them. I just pick whichever one I feel like using that day and go with it.

Welcome to The Hackers Paradise

Don't just play golf, live it!

Register Log in