Do you have a specific brand preference?

Jman

Golf Scrivener
Albatross 2024 Club
Staff member
Reaction score
Handicap
What is it, but more importantly, WHY.

Prior to thp I had some preferences towards ping and titleist because that is what I grew up watching my father play mostly.

Now I am definitely swayed by companies that reach out and interact well with their customers, both through thp and other means.
Obviously Cobra has me smitten with Morgan Cup goodness.
Callaways pre-owned website is the best out there and that definitely had a strong influence last year.

• Staff
Oh I sense some hesitation from some.... 👀

:ROFLMAO:

Prefer Callaway. The people there have been very good to me.

Soft spot for:
Taylormade woods - they just work so freaking well for me. Maybe its just the flatter lie angle, maybe more?
Hogan
Wilson Staff (ugh)
Miura

Callaway, because over the years they have treated me well. Their Pre-owned shop is the best for less expensive equipment, and their customer service has been excellent to me.

Tour Edge clubs, and Bridgestone balls. I have a lot of confidence in the quality of their product.

With Tour Edge, I've had a couple instances where they went way beyond what they needed to do with their "service after the sale" customer service.

I always look at Ping first. But I certainly will pick the best club based on performance.

When I first started playing I viewed the PIngEye2 with such high regard - I think it has just stuck in the back of my mind as a preference.

I always look at Ping first. But I certainly will pick the best club based on performance.

When I first started playing I viewed the PIngEye2 with such high regard - I think it has just stuck in the back of my mind as a preference.
Oh - and the Ping G400 driver was so good I just have to consider Ping in the driver slot.

Ping for clubs. Have played them for years at least irons and to me Ping really stepped up their woods about 5 or 6 years ago. Love their company values and support of military and handicapped golfers. If anything happens to a club or need a single replacement or additionyou just call and it done.

Have tried a number of other brands in demo or when looking to buy but the performance is close or not as good so I support Ping.

PXG for me, this came about mostly due to their fitting Program and I was lucky to get an amazing person. But I have been very happy with their clubs also.

Now this could change in a few months when I get a hankering for new and shiny.

It used to be Titleist. It’s what I came up with in the game. The better players I was around hit Titleist. I wanted to improve so I gravitated to the brand. Clothing wise, it was Ashworth. Freddy.

I’m all about some Cobra and Puma goodness. The Morgan Cup opened my eyes to some fantastic equipment I probably would’ve otherwise missed. And Cloudspun! Cobra is a fantastic company committed to innovation and great customer service. Yags, Jos, and Rachel are great people who love this community. That’s important to me.

Hogan, UST Mamiya, and Odyssey both get a lot of love from because I have their equipment through THP experiences and all of it performs very well. They’re great companies turning out great products, and the people I’ve met are incredible.

I also have a strong like for Callaway drivers. I’ve been fit into 2 and they’re awesome.

I was a big Ping fan for many years. Like @BriMac, when I first started playing I had a major thing for the Ping Eye2 irons, always thought they were hot (they're still among my all-time favorite irons). I wandered through several brands over the years after that but usually had at least something Ping in the bag, then bought the Ping K15s when they came out and played them for 10 years.

I switched to Callaway in the beginning of this year - I was intrigued by all the tech they put into their clubs, impressed by their presence and support of THP and the events here, and also heard a lot of good things about their customer service (which have all turned out to be true, IMO). I liked the look of the entire Mavrik line (and also really liked the look of the Apex 19s!), and ultimately was fit into the Mavriks. I've been impressed enough with them that Callaway will always get the first look when it comes time for new clubs.

As far as irons, I was always mizuno. Not that I didn't stray a time or two. Just really enjoy the feel of most mizunos. Some are better than others obviously.

Being a born and raised fort worth guy (until I moved to sc a few years back), I always wanted to grab some Ben Hogans- and finally did after Thanksgiving. I may be getting off the mizuno train. These things feel amazing.

So I guess I'm a feel guy?

Titleist for me. I've been able to get my hands on more left-handed options from them than others for testing/demo'ing/fitting and their offerings perform well for me. Their customer service has treated me very well over the years as well.

Titleist for me. I've been able to get my hands on more left-handed options from them than others for testing/demo'ing/fitting and their offerings perform well for me. Their customer service has treated me very well over the years as well.
Yeah, I think a lot of Lefties love Titleist because they’ve always been really good in that regard.
Makes sense to me. (y)

Ball wise I’m pretty loyal to Srixon even though I’ve experimented with Bridgestone some this year and have been impressed.

Equipment wise, I’d say I’ve been pretty open minded over the last few years but I’m partial to Cobra at the moment.

over time, TaylorMade drivers/woods at the top and Ping wedges/putter at the bottom

right now, Tour Edge hybrids with one in rotation [#4 and #6] depending on course

still playing Cleveland Altitudes

and a couple of non-major brands in the bag

big fan of Fujikura shafts

all chosen for performance for me

FWIW

Last edited:
Yeah, I think a lot of Lefties love Titleist because they’ve always been really good in that regard.
Makes sense to me. (y)

To be fair, I haven't really gone out of my way to seek out other options over the past few years. I'm sure I could find a fitter or retailer or whatever with more lefty options from other brands - or spend some cash on some single irons to test drive and then sell/offload - but I'm lazy :LOL:

To be fair, I haven't really gone out of my way to seek out other options over the past few years. I'm sure I could find a fitter or retailer or whatever with more lefty options from other brands - or spend some cash on some single irons to test drive and then sell/offload - but I'm lazy :LOL:
Hahaha! Honest and fair!

I’m not partial to any brand in particular. There are some I prefer over others but I’d play anything.

I am not sure I have a preference but I can say that the brand I keep coming back to is Callaway. I've played Titliest, a little bit of Taylormade, and some Cobra recently. But one brand family that I always seem to have some presence in my bag for the last 15 or more years is Callaway. And I don't see that changing any time soon.

No brand preference. I'm all about the performance I can get out of the club. Having said that, I'm not blind to the fact that some brands tend to provide the higher performing clubs more often than others.

Ping. I think it's because I like their irons a lot and it was something when I was younger that seemed to be too expensive for the average golfer. I do like testing other stuff though

Emotional/imprint for me. Like the music that I listen to. I cut my teeth on Hogan Apex II irons. Still use their (old) wedges.
I think emotions are definitely part of it for most, and rightfully so. Good answer. (y)

Back