Do you have a specific brand preference?

I'm older than dirt now (71) and have lost a lot of clubhead speed so if money is no object I'd be playing all XXIO clubs (except the putter). I've got a XXIO Prime 9 driver that I love.

I'm older than dirt now (71) and have lost a lot of clubhead speed so if money is no object I'd be playing all XXIO clubs (except the putter). I've got a XXIO Prime 9 driver that I love.
Man, XXIO is bar none the best out there in that realm. That Prime 9 is FUN!

Brand bias? Man not anymore. THp. Hanged the crap out of how I used to be.

if there is any brand bias I have it’s for Bridgestone golf balls. Made in the USA and fit to me so well I’m not sure when or if I can change. Before that it was Titleist for 20yrs.

Straight up, Callaway and Cobra. I have been a fan of both of them before THP but the level of interaction of those two on THP has me sold. They usually have options for lefties too (except the KING MIMs 😢) Also I'm fortunate enough to be going to the GD so Callaway will continue to have my loyalty for a long long time

I have a couple preferences:
Cleveland, just love their putters and wedges
Callaway, a fan of their woods

Trending for me though:
Wilson Staff, maybe on the way out, just because their irons might soon be out of my bag

Mizuno, on the way up for me....I suppose if I plan on playing their irons it should be a brand I have a preference for

Callaway will always get the first shot at my bag. Between the experiences at #TheCup and The Grandaddy and how well they've treated me it's the least I could do. Those experiences were unreal and I'll never forget them. Plus they're always leaders in performance so I'd be foolish not to.

Right behind them is Cobra, for a couple of reasons. My first real, brand name club purchase was the Gravity Back iron set. I saved for quite awhile for those. There other is again because of how well they treated me at The Morgan Cup a few years ago. Mike and Jose were awesome and so interesting to listen to and the weekend was a blast.

It's tough not to give companies like this preference when they treat you so well and are just good, down to earth people.

It used to be Titleist but I'm more open to anything now that fits my swing. Whatever OEM it is, I don't care, if it gives me the best opportunity to play my best. :rockon:

I grew up playing Ben Hogan irons. Just always liked the traditional look.

I have a preference to Cobra/Puma because I like their direction with style and technology but that doesn’t mean I’m against other brands.

Srixon.

Not really, my bag has 5 different companies represented; I enjoy playing what works for me, nothing else really matters

Cobra for me! Receiving a complete bag of clubs as part of the Morgan Cup 2020 has made me a Cobra homer. The clubs are outstanding and having them in the bag takes most of the sting out of the disappointment of not being able to make it to Vegas in October.

I was predominantly Ping from 1998 -2019.

For Drivers, I have been a Taylormade guy since the 90's, I went for a Ping G Series for a year or so when i got a KILLER Deal, but returned.

Irons, I was Strictly Titleist for YEARS and Went Mizuno, all blades and Muscle backs

Then I found Hogan, OMG I Love the irons and right now, Playing the Hogan Combo set with he PTX Pro's/ICONS so nice

So do i have a "BRAND"? Not really but i am leaning hard to Hogan, cause i just hit the GS53 with a HZRDUS Smoke....could take the Sim out of my bag....THAT would make "other than the putter" a Hogan Bag....I have the shaft, not the head ..... YET

There are very few things that would change that Hogan set up

I have mild brand preferences: Mizuno irons, Ping drivers/fairways, and UST recoil shafts come to mind right now. I will sometimes say I am not a big X or Y fan, but from me that is more in comparison to others. Callaway, for example, is widely loved top to bottom here and for good reason. I like and play their equipment but haven't found my groove with their drivers or iron sets, yet. And in other cases I like a product (e.g., zipcore wedges or p7 series irons) but don't have an emotional connection good or bad with the brand (e.g., Cleveland and Taylormade).

Right now I havr growing interest in Srixon irons and maybe their drivers.

I was someone that had an eclectic bag prior to 2019. I have been an Odyssey guy for 7+ years. I found out how good the Apex irons were and then I was selected for the Grandaddy. That being said, I always recognize when a company puts out a good product.

TaylorMade. I only have one club (second hand), a putter, but I really like it so I'm interested in trying more. However, I'm looking for a 7 iron on eBay and there aren't many bargains. I'll wait it out for a while and if nothing comes up I'll maybe check out another brand, possibly Callaway.

I have a soft spot for Callaway. If you ignore the balls, I've never been disappointed in their stuff.

Nope none.
:mizuno::mizuno::mizuno::mizuno::mizuno::mizuno::mizuno::mizuno::mizuno::mizuno::mizuno::mizuno::mizuno::p

So I love Srixon irons. They are just beautiful and perform. I think their woods are going to turn some heads this year too. I am also a big Cobra fan. Everything they have been doing is solid for the last several years. Those are the big 2 for me. I also like some things from Callaway, Mizuno, Ping, and TaylorMade. But not the live affair I have for the other 2. I do have an open mind though. Right now I have Ping wedges, Callaway driver, and TM fairways in the bag. If it works I am happy with it regardless of brand. Unless it is just dog ugly then I don’t care how well it works. 😉

I really like Cobra as an overall brand. Their last few release cycles have been on fire, and visually stunning to my eye. Plus hearing Jose and Yags talk about their products makes me so excited for all things Cobra.

I'd game another set of Srixon irons without question. I 565/765 combo set I had was incredible!

Now putters, not a lot of different outlets I've used, but the Toulon line has my interest currently.

And finally, wedges, I've been so happy with Cleveland in this area I see no reason to stay.

My bag is a bit skewed toward Callaway right now but I wouldn’t say it is a preference. At my iron fitting the Apex were clearly the best fit. I picked up a Mavrik driver because I already had some shafts that fit. My fairways are TM and I really like their fairways. If I was getting a new driver today I would look pretty hard at the TSI as I did a fitting and it was a tiny bit better than my Mavrik but not enough to buy one.

Back