Do you have a specific brand preference?

Wilson Staff was my go to a few years ago. The FG Tour's were amazing.
Migrated to Titleist AP2's and driver, love the classic brands I guess.

These days, I have no loyalty, but I do have brands I have shied away from due to overhype and X times longer claims when the comparisons are not obvious. Felt like a car dealership commercial fine print to me.

Cobra/Puma :cool:

Not only because there are awesome people behind the brand, the equipment is great, they are trying new things and are tech forward. The Puma clothing is fantastic especially CloudSpun, the shoes are comfy and well...the Morgan Cup.

I will always give a Callaway driver the benefit of the doubt. Same with Mizuno & Titleist irons and Titleist balls. Everyone else you gotta show me.

Driver / Woods.... I automatically will get the new TaylorMade offerings each year. Ive played them since r580 when I was in high school. Each year TM just seems to work the best for me but yes there is definitely bias in my decision

For the vast majority of my golfing life ive always had TM clubs in all 14 spots. I've now ventured out to at least trying every offering from all OEM's and then making a decision

Im now even at the point of enjoying direct to consumer companies like Sub70 irons 2 summers ago, New Level irons last year and ordered the new PF1's, and Ben Hogan driver and woods 2 summers ago also

Played old hand me downs early in my golf life from my dad and other family members of all sorts

Gravitated to Ping in college when I was picking out my own clubs. i started with a Karsten putter and then was fit for ping G10 irons. Mixed I a TM driver and hybrid and Callaway 3 wood in the years to follow.

This year as I've been finally upgrading my bag for the first time in a long time I've been gravitating towards TM. Started with 50 and 56 MG2 wegdes with the raw face and am waiting on my p770 irons 4-pw. It came down to the i210 and those but loved the extra 5 to 6 yards I was getting with the p770.

I also picked up a Ping G400 off the rack for a great price in late summer and bought an Odyssey o-works 2 ball off a friend over the summer as well.

I'm comfortable with my callaway Diablo 3 wood and TM rescue 3 hybrid for now but if those come up for replacement next year I definitely want to get fit for them and hopefully won't show any of that brand bias.

It is a draw between Callaway and Mizuno. Callaway drivers Mizuno for irons. Either one for fairways, hybrids and wedges. Bridgestone for balls.

What is it, but more importantly, WHY.

Ok you started this thread .... inquiring minds want to know. What’s your preference ?

Ok you started this thread .... inquiring minds want to know. What’s your preference ?
I don’t have one. I genuinely play what works best for my game. Historically here I think that shines through.

I will always lean towards companies who truly care about our community first though.

I typically do not as I think all of the major brands make solid equipment and give you a lot of choices. I just happen to end up with a whole bag of Titleist and I am really happy with my current set up.

No real brand preferences and my bag always includes several OEMs. Whenever I'm deciding whether or not to swap into something different my questions include things like: does the club do what I'm looking for it to do better than what I have? does the tech make sense to mitigate my problems? am I OK with the look? does the cost and timing of acquisition make sense? I never concern myself with what the brand is.

Nope. I have a Titleist Driver. Callaway woods, hybrid and irons. Cleveland Wedges and a Swag putter. I had a EXS in the 3 wood and got an Epic flash 3wood for free and I hit it awesome. Had a Titlest 818 in the 4h when I was fortunate enough to get the B21 as a tester.

Not tied to any of them necessarily. Only item I plan on changing is my irons and I honestly want to test blind and use the numbers. Looks will definitely be the tie breaker but everything is good looking now.

What is it, but more importantly, WHY.

PING

WHY- because it’s what I play best with

In the 80’s I had a set of Ping Eye 2 utibs, was a 9 handicap. In the late 90’s I thought....hummm maybe a new set of irons will make me a 5!
Been thru a few sets of Calloway, a couple sets Taylormade, a set of mizuno, finally in 2005 I went back to Ping with a set of G15. Loved them, now playing a set of Ping G. Back to a 10!
the drivers and FW woods are great as well

In terms of what makes the bag, no, it’s all about what I score best with.

Ping always gets the first look for me though. When I started playing the eye2’s were all the rage. Well out of my 18 yr old wallet though. Just something about how Ping goes about their business that I like. Not flashy just solid well thought out products.

Tour Edge is another brand I thoroughly look at every year. I feel like when one of their clubs makes the bag it’s like getting one over given the value. My Xrails are still in the bag several years later and after selling my Trilogy 2,3,4,5 hybrid set I bought a 4h and 5h off eBay yesterday just because I had sellers remorse.

Irons, FW, Hybrids.... Cobra. They were my first serious sets I bought. I really like their irons. I think their hybrids are excellent. I love their FW. I see no reason to change.

However, I was fitted back in 2014 for a driver. The fitting took about 90 minutes and I ended up with a 2014 Big Bertha. We tried several brands: Titleist, Ping, Taylormade, Cobra, Mizuno, and Callaway. I hit the Big Bertha the best and most consistently. I had a brief fling with Ping but went back to Callaway.

Yes I freely admit I have preferences. However preferences don't mean I will play all clubs from 1 brand if they don't work the best for me. It just means if its a close call, I'm letting it be the tie breaker.

Callaway - The Grandaddy is something I will remember every day for the rest of my life. And I absolutely love how much they support THP.

Cobra - Another great sponsor of this community. Love how they have embraced the MC. Their equipment the last few years has really impressed me.

Titleist - Although really Vokey wedges. They just work so much better for me than every other wedges I have tried. And I have tried a lot.

For Shafts: UST #Shaft Up.

I have always given Callaway first option in my bag because of their customer service and how I have been treated when purchasing on Callaway golf preowned website. However, my bag has always been a mix of different companies. Whatever works best is generally what I try to play.

Callaway here. No surprise. They offer something for every hndcp range. I find it easy to find a fit for my game and stay with one manufacturer without sacrificing quality, tech, or performance. Obviously this can be said for other manufacturers as well. Customer service and friends has made it easy to remain loyal to the brand.

Mizuno irons.

But, lately, I’ve been impressed with Callaway. Epic Speed woods are spectacular. Mavrik 4W is the best club in my bag.

I do not. I try several brands and models and buy whatever works best for me that is in my budget.

Callaway for a few reasons:

• Grandaddy (Enough Said)
  • THP Support / Interaction in General
  • The People

I will ALWAYS give Callaway first crack in my bag for the experiences they have given me. It doesn't necessarily mean I will always have a full back of their clubs, but all things relatively equal, Callaway is going in the bag

I previously wrote a tl;dr post in this thread. :rolleyes: After watching yesterday's showcase discussion and the Mizuno Challenge last night, I am in a full Mizuno brand preference, #1.That was fun. I will enjoy the rest of the content this week, but the bar was set very high on Monday.

Well, I've been a Callaway fan ever since they first came out with the Big Bertha even though I never hit their clubs. My bag was TaylorMade until late last year when I replaced my 3W with Mizuno... and now I'm replacing my irons with Callaway.

I think ball is important, im playing a soft bridgestone ball now. i think golf GLOVE is important i prefer footjoy but i think im switching over to pga. Also PING deserves more hype. They make a good driver, always have, and the iblades and blueprint irons are SSIICCCKKKKK :sick:

I don't have a specific brand preference but I tend to like the TaylorMade and Cobra as brands more. I actually have a lot of TaylorMade in the bag right now but I would say that's really a function of me liking how they look down at the ball with performance being similar or better than other options that were available. I give Ping points though since they feel honest, or as honest as they could as a manufacturer.

I don't have a specific brand preference but I tend to like the TaylorMade and Cobra as brands more. I actually have a lot of TaylorMade in the bag right now but I would say that's really a function of me liking how they look down at the ball with performance being similar or better than other options that were available. I give Ping points though since they feel honest, or as honest as they could as a manufacturer.
the new cobra stuff is good. the radspeed is supposed to be good, the king tour are supposed to be good, the muscle back they make is supposed to be good. these are a type for different levels

Last edited:
Back