Do You Have a Stamping Set Up?

It’s something i want to get and get good at

So... are the stamps something that can be hit with a hobby hammer weighing 6 oz and get an impression, or are they something where a 3 pound hammer with a solid strike is what's called for?

I've never stamped clubs before and have wondered how big of a hammer and how hard to hit to get the impression...

So... are the stamps something that can be hit with a hobby hammer weighing 6 oz and get an impression, or are they something where a 3 pound hammer with a solid strike is what's called for?

I've never stamped clubs before and have wondered how big of a hammer and how hard to hit to get the impression...
You're going to want 3lbs minimum if you want a chance at making a decent impression in steel

You're going to want 3lbs minimum if you want a chance at making a decent impression in steel
Yes, three pounds is the magic number. I’ve used a two pound before and it isn’t quite as effective.

Ok, that make sense. I might give this a shot... and use vise-grips to hold the stamp... I don't trust my aim:ROFLMAO:

If they don't sort out this rona business soon, I'm going to have to get a set of my own..

Using @Jman as my personal wedge stamper was such a good strategy ugh.

If they don't sort out this rona business soon, I'm going to have to get a set of my own..

Using @Jman as my personal wedge stamper was such a good strategy ugh.
Always available. :ROFLMAO:

I've got a couple letter and number stamp sets, two sizes. The hammer, the anvil, the tape. Done plenty of paint filling......

But somehow I have not once stamped a club that I intended to game. Tested stamping a couple times on ancient stuff, but not anything from this decade.

Back