Do you have different golf bags? Stand / Cart / Hybrid?

Chasing72

Albatross 2024 Club
Reaction score
Handicap
So I've been thinking with the pending arrival of a nearly full new bag that I should maybe look at getting a nice shiny new bag to with them to replace my TM Stand bag
Now to preface this I got the following fairly recently and they are as yet unused
1) Clicgear 4 cart (for Christmas
2) Jones Original Carry bag in BF sales

But I'm thinking I'd like a bag to go on the CG4 when I am out using it, but then part of me says keep the old beat up TM for that and just use the Jones for when I feel like actually walking / carrying my clubs on the shorter courses.

Any recommendations for either a new stand bag or a hybrid.
Ideally I would like 14 way dividers (full length) as I am fed up with fighting to get my clubs out of the TM, a cooler pocket of some kind would be a bonus
Having used an Ogio Grom (Not mine, borrowed) I love this bag, but cannot find it anywhere for less than about $250+ CDN and i feel annoyed at paying that much for a bag that has been discontinued but is IMHO awesome.

I have a stand/carry bag (TM FlexTech Crossover) and a cart bag (OGIO Convoy)

I use one bag. A couple of year old Wilson Nexus. I dont have time to switch stuff out.

I have the Ben Hogan BH1 stand bag and the Tour Edge Exotics EXS Staff Stand bag.

I'm just in this conundrum. I have a mizuno cart and stand bag at the moment, I carry approx 50% and use my clicgear the other 50%.

The stand bag is getting worn, so am thinking of investing in a new stand bag and just using that for everything,generally simplifying everything.

Next problem is what bag to get?

Sent from my Pixel 3 XL using Tapatalk

I've got a cart bag (OGIO Alpha Convoy) when I use for courses I can't walk, and a stand bag (OGIO Shadow Fuse) that I use for most of my rounds, when I walk. They are my favorite golf bags of all time.

I've got a cart bag (OGIO Alpha Convoy) when I use for courses I can't walk, and a stand bag (OGIO Shadow Fuse) that I use for most of my rounds, when I walk. They are my favorite golf bags of all time.

How do you like the shadow fuse?

How do you like the shadow fuse?

I like it a lot. It’s the right mix of having enough space for what I need, with it being light and easy to carry. The cell phone pocket is one of my favorite bag features.

I've got two standbags. One Datrek Go Lite Hybrid and a really nice Ben Hogan bag that I got from @J.B. Cobb III. I only use the Ben Hogan bag on special occasions at courses that have actual paved cart paths and no inclement weather because it's white and so freaking sharp looking. I don't want to mess it up. I have stand bags for one reason only: the range. I ride 100% of the time but I spend quite a bit of time at the range and I like having a stand bag there. Call me kooky.

I have 2 of the same bag (Ogio Cirrus). I have one loaded up that I use for carts and the other is bare minimum for walking.

I have a Sun Mountain C130 that is my primary cart bag.
I have a Datrek SGO that I used for a bit and handed down to my son.
I have a Sun Mountain 4.5LS that I use when I walk and let my son use for his HS practice.
I have a Datrek stand back from c.2007 that I use for the range. I keep my training clubs in it and throw in 3-5 clubs when I go to practice. Other than the zipper being blown out on the large pocket and one of the loops for the dual straps is broken, it still works fine.
I have an Ogio bag from c. 2004 that's good for about 6-7 clubs max. I have used it on occasion when walking a par 3 course, but my daughter's clubs are in it now.
I have another 14 way cart bag, can't remember the brand, that I use for storage of shafts.
I have an SMT staff bag that I use for shaft storage.
I have a couple of other bags that are basically worthless, but I am a hoarder so I can't bear to throw them out.

I have a 2015 Mizuno cart bag 14 way
A 2017 model C-130 cart bag 14 way
A 2018 Titleist stand bag 14 way
A 2019 OGIO stand bag 14 way
A 2019 Callaway Fusion stand bag from The Grandaddy 14 way

For me 9" or 9.5" hard sided staff bags are best for cart riding. I have a few.
The modern soft sided 14 or 15 divider cart bags are not bad, and their pockets are more convenient than a staff bag. I have a couple.
For riding the staff is best, for push carts the cart bags are best.
I have a few stand bags for range practice sessions and the occasional carry-the-bag 9-hole round.

I have two full size bags with two different sets of clubs. I switch back and fourth sometimes.

One is what is designated as a practice bag. It has 17 club dividers in it. 18 if I wanted to use the umbrella holder for a club.

14 way bag has been on my ponder list for awhile now. (y)

I had switched over to a cart bag when my Hoofer's internal liner ripped out. I either ride or use a push cart so it made sense. I hated it. I mean the bag was fine. But, when I go to the range, I hate lugging it around and just laying it on the ground. I don't stow a bunch of stuff away in pockets, so a huge bag is not a necessity for me. I want a decent stand bag that is solid, and that's it. I am not sold on 14 way dividers yet. But, the Grandaddy bag we got is pretty nice. I am very happy with it. Will work fine on a cart and if I do decide to carry or just going to the range. I don't see myself switching between two bags depending on how I traverse the course that day. Seems like a lot of trouble when I just need something to hold my stuff.

Just purchased Titleist staff bag. It's like a mini Condo. Room for more stuff that I really need. But I'll try to fill it up.

Sent from my SM-N950U using Tapatalk

Just one bag for me. It’s a hybrid cart/stand bag. 14 way dividers lots of space but has a stand.

If I walk i use a push cart anyway

One is what is designated as a practice bag. It has 17 club dividers in it. 18 if I wanted to use the umbrella holder for a club.

What bag is this? I need this in my life!

I have 2 cart bags and 2 carry bags but I bought a pushcart last year and use that with my Ping cart bag for 80% of my rounds. When I travel with clubs I use my Sunmountain 2.5

I have several bags, few of them are sentimental so pretty much hang out and hold spare putters and my back up set of irons. I have 2 I use regularly, a carry bag which I use when I go to the range regularly and for golf trips, then I have my Ogio Alpha Convoy RTC which I use most of the time.

Will probably pick up a waterproof stand bag as I just planned the next trip to Bandon so that is a good excuse to get one. Waiting to see if the new Callaway Hyper dry 14 ends up for sale Stateside or just in europe.

I have a stand bag and a cart bag. Like you I also have a clic gear. If I were in the market I would look at a larger stand bag like the Ogio RTC.

My name is Mooseknuckle and I have a bag problem:
  • TM Crossover - Everyday use
  • Stitch SL-2 - Summer use
  • Sun Mountain H2NO Cart - Bad Weather winter bag
  • Scotty Cameron Sunday Bag - quick 9 and or going with the kids to the practice area
  • Burton Staff Bag - Old school leather bag from the 70's that sits in the wine cellar with my first set of clubs in it
  • Sun Mountain Sync - Back up set at the in laws house in Maui, eliminates bringing clubs with us when we travle

Back