Do You Have Room INSIDE Your House To Take Full Swings?

Title asks the question.

What about room to hit balls?

I have vaulted ceilings in the common areas of my house, so full swings (as long as the kiddo isn't around) are good to go. If I didn't have furniture in the way, I supposed I could set up a net and actually hit balls.

I only have 2 rooms that I have the ceiling height to swing a club fully. My living room and my family room/ sitting room. Both have a tin of furniture so hitting balls in a bit is a big no no per the wife. The closest I've come was hanging a sheet in the door way and hitting yellow foam balls into it when my wife was away.

Still missing 2 of them. Haven't done it since.

I'm 6'6" tall and can swing a 7-iron under an 8' ceiling and I don't swing like Matt Kuchar. If I can do it, you can do it. Just don't clobber the furniture.

Yes and yes. I have a mat and net in the basement, and Santa got me a launch monitor. I’m loving life!

Someone posted this in another thread:

It is 38" the length of a 5i. I think I can swing that in my garage. You probably would need at least 8 feet to swing it in the house maybe more.

I recently cut a sand wedge down quite short so I could work on back swing structure in the house.

Yes but not anywhere I would be allowed to do it. Currently in the process of having plans drawn up for a 3rd stall for our garage for this purpose.

Not currentlt

After moving last fall, yes, I do. And there are plans in the works...

Last edited:
We have vaulted ceiling so if I moved the furniture around in theory I could

Back