Do You Have Room INSIDE Your House To Take Full Swings?

We have 12 ft ceilings with lots of drop lights from the last owner that I haven't gotten changed yet. The one in the formal dining room that is an unused room normally is about chest high for me even my wife hits her head on it. The garage has 10 ft ceilings, which would make it hard for me to have a full swing in.

In the living room it would be possible but not really a sane option. I am strongly thinking about a 2 door steel building for the backyard for the lawn mower, etc and to put the club building "lab" in. But that would require full insulation and AC and some kind of LM setup so pretty pricey to pull off.

I don't and it sucks. All parks and schools are closed in CA so there is really no where for me to take practice swing at the moment. I guess I can finally let my tendonitis in my elbow heal...

Yes there are places in the house with room for full swings, but I wouldn't swing a club in any of those rooms. I can and have done 3/4 swings in my lower level. I also chip in the lower level. I have also dinged walls and nearly broken things. The garage has plenty of room for full swings but no mat or setup. I fear I will hit the concrete floor and do something awful to a club.

In house, noooooppppeeeee

I have an area set up in my garage for my Skytrak. I am torn since I want to use my media room as a true sim room since it is 16x25 with 11’ ceilings but I have an awesome media room and don’t want to have it just for golf.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Old house and the ceilings are high enough to take full swings. No hitting balls though.

Only vaulted ceilings are in the living room. There's room to swing a club in there but I rarely do full swings, and never hit real balls in that room. I'll pitch and chip foam balls once and awhile and only when my wife isn't home. The big screen in that room sits in the perfect place to look at the reflection to check my set up and to go through slow mo or start stop position drills. I do have an outbuilding (boat garage) that I could probably take full swings in. I did run AC to it it but it's so full of stuff that I'd have no other place to put that it's not an option for a simulator. I'm looking at building a back yard setup if they close the ranges or courses I frequent.

nope...we're not in our "forever" home yet 😑

9' ceilings here and I think I can take full swings, just been chicken to really take more than a partial swing.

...Longer clubs are tough since all my clubs are +1 inch over standard and I'm 6 foot 6 to begin with...
Twins. I'm also 6'6" with +1" clubs. Our local golf shop has a simulator and if I use driver in it, I bang the driver head off the ceiling every time. I have plenty of ceiling room in the house for anything up to and including driver, but too much furniture in the way to take full swings. Also two curious cats who love to "help" whenever I'm doing something, and I'd hate to think about one of them running in front of a full swing.

The golf courses and driving ranges are closed in SoCal. I bought a Skytrak, Fiberbuilt 4x5 mat, and cage, so I don’t go into withdrawals. I ask my wife if I can set-up in the living room that has cathedral ceilings (20+ ft ceilings). She said nope, so the set-up is in the backyard.

I’m impressed with Skytrak accuracy numbers.

Last edited:
Nope, no room in the house anyway, even if we had a high enough ceiling

Yes, plenty of room, but I don't use my house for golf. I use an area in my shop for golf practice.

Yes. I added an extra course of block to our basement when we built this house. I bring my net inside for the winter and hit 5 irons off of a piece of carpet

No, but there is plenty of room out here:

View from my backporch

15859137291983569340961136631959.jpg

In the winter, I practice on a matt in my garage. Must have 12 to 14 ft ceilings. My house would support it as well but my wife not so much. This time of year I am hitting birdie balls off a matt on my driveway back into my yard. Typical 8i will fly about 35 yards.

My ceilings aren't vaulted, but they are 10' high except in the bedrooms. I could easily swing in the family room and have before, but I fear wearing a hole in the carpet.

No I wish. I've asked Mrs. Nut to let me put an extension on to no avail. But I do have a nice full backyard that faces the woods. I can hit the entire bag from just outside my back sliding glass door. Just as long as I don't shank one & hit the neighbors deck, I'm good. Plus my neighbor's son likes to go into the woods & hunt for the golf balls I hit. So I have an endless supply of range balls. ;)

Not really. I can probably make a full wedge swing in my living room, but a 100-year-old house wasn't built with golf simulators in mind. Shocking, I know.

I swing in the basement that isn’t really all that tall all the time. I’ve hit the ceiling a few times. Ok, many times. It continues until I put a hole in it and get in a lot of crap

To those who can’t make full swings, try half with body rotation and see if it doesn’t improve your contact. I’ve been doing this with a focus on the face and it’s been wonderful

If I cleared out the couch in my upstairs living room I'd have plenty of room to swing but I don't think my wife would ever go for that. My garage has 10 foot ceilings which works great for irons swings but is too close for comfort with driver.

Only place in my house would be the garage.

Its an attached garage so I'm going to count it.

Back