Do You Have Room INSIDE Your House To Take Full Swings?

No I wish. I've asked Mrs. Nut to let me put an extension on to no avail. But I do have a nice full backyard that faces the woods. I can hit the entire bag from just outside my back sliding glass door. Just as long as I don't shank one & hit the neighbors deck, I'm good. Plus my neighbor's son likes to go into the woods & hunt for the golf balls I hit. So I have an endless supply of range balls. ;)

It’s nice to have supportive neighbors!

If I cleared out the couch in my upstairs living room I'd have plenty of room to swing but I don't think my wife would ever go for that. My garage has 10 foot ceilings which works great for irons swings but is too close for comfort with driver.

You can always fix the drywall... 😆

I have a vaulted ceiling in the main living room but too much furniture limits any swinging.

Yes but only in my kitchen....which my wife wouldn’t be happy about

In the entry by my front door, yes. But I wouldn’t do it. My wife wouldn’t appreciate it and I’d be extremely fearful of a mishit.

I’ve got space in my garage but again, I’m not doing it.

I do have space in my front yard for wedge work... something to ponder.

Nope. My house is nearing a hundred years old and the ceilings weren't made for that kind of stuff. Hopefully we can buy or build in a few years and vaulted ceilings will be high on the want list.

I and 6'5" and can swing a 6-iron full under an 8' ceiling with room to spare. When you take your stance, you are probably 6" shorter than your actual height. The club folds away on the backswing so there's no problem with that. On the follow-through, you won't start to rise up until the club is again folded out of the way. No problem there, either.

But then there's Alan Doyle, who has such a funny swing because he learned to swing in his basement, which had a looow ceiling.

We have vaulted ceilings in the living room, kitchen and bedrooms, but too much furniture in the way to set up an indoor hitting area for full swings. My garage isn't vaulted and I'd be leaving club marks in the ceiling if I tried a full swing in there.
Yep same here. :(

Not even close.

When we had our house built 17 years ago, I had the basement wall built an extra foot high so I swing all my clubs including driver. Always planned on setting up a net but both of my sons have played hockey so it has been used for their hockey needs and I just swing clubs in the basement but don’t hit balls.

We have tall ceilings in a couple rooms and I have been trying to figure this exact question out.

No. Though with a course approximately 5 miles away that has a 24 hour range, plus the great weather, there really isn't a need to do more than some putting inside.

In the living room and I probably swing 25-30 times a day there. Wish I could hit balls, but not a chance.

I have a vaulted ceiling in my living room, so I've been swinging a little bit and doing some drills. No where to hit balls though.

Now the firehouse...... plenty of room and we have a small patch of grass that I can hit from.

No such luck at my house. Ceilings aren't high enough.

No. Though with a course approximately 5 miles away that has a 24 hour range, plus the great weather, there really isn't a need to do more than some putting inside.
Until the CA stay and at home mandate!

Not in my house but thankfully I have a shop that has plenty of room. Really glad that a buddy and I built us a simulator last fall. Hadn’t planned on using it clear into spring. Looks like we will be using it a little longer

Ceilings are high enough but would have to move around some furniture. So, not really able to have full swings into a net. Practice swings are fine.

While swinging my Rogue Driver in the garage I put the top on the head into the end of the garage door metal track. :-(. At that time I replaced the head and started working it. I actually have the head looking like nothing happened to it except the paint job. I took it to the range and had a friend who has more ss than I do to hit it and it works good! lol Now just a practice club good for practice swinging. So be careful when swinging inside.

I have one room with vaulted ceiling. If it raised up a ceiling fan so yes I could but its only 18 x 11. I hav considered getting a net and putting in here but it would probably not be ideal.

Yes luckily anywhere inside house,but electric bill....

Sent from my SM-N950U using Tapatalk

I’m 6’6” - I hardly have the room to stand, let alone swing. 😕

I have the same problem as Canadan. I think it is better to have peace in my marriage. The living room would be high enough if I was single

I sooooo badly want to put a sim in my house, but with only 8’ ceilings in the basement, it just won’t work.

Back