Do you have (Safe For Forum) pet names for your clubs?

Bryndom

2023 Grandaddy X!!!
Albatross 2024 Club
Reaction score
Handicap
GHIN 15
Lob were you call “Lobby” under your breath when no one is looking? A Billy Baroo?

What names do you give your clubs?

my 3W is “She Who Must Not Be Named”

This could get pretty interesting and disturbing if responded to!

I call my 4 hybrid Hot Shot
What I call my 3W is not suitable for this forum.

I call every club in the bag Sex Panther

Not me, but one of my golf buddies refers to my 58° PM Grind as "The Weapon". It saves my *** a lot more often than I probably deserve.

No names, but they do get called names at times after bad shots. Won't say what those might be.

Nah, although I know a few guys who do. It just never caught on to me - they already have names.

I call my Original One "Minnie Pearl". A good tee shot earns a boisterous "How-dee" from my playing partner.

No but maybe they'd start behaving better if I started referring to them nicer and with more than 4 letters.

I named my putter Community Property

Driver has gotta be “The Chief” inspired by Wayne Riley. I often chip with short irons so if I miss a green with, say, a 9 iron, I’ll choose that club to chip with, saying under my breath, “Right you ******* *** *****, you got me into this mess so you can get me out of it...”

Old driver was called “Toaster”; current putter is called Magoo; current driver has a name that’s NSFF; and new lob wedge is working into the circle of trust to where I foresee a name coming shortly

Last edited:
Only one club did I actually name. I had a custom ‘over size’ Persimmon Driver made back in early 90’s. It eventually cracked at the hosel. But I named it “Concorde”. It was engraved on the soul plate. It referenced Monty Python and The Holy Grail. As I would pull it out of the bag, I’d say “Come along, Concorde”

Nope. I don't name my clubs. I don't call them bad words... it's not their fault I suck. They should have had the chance in life to belong to a much better golfer... but they didn't. Fate is such a cruel mistress.:ROFLMAO:

Not officially but my 60° wedge has been called POS on numerous occasions.

No nicknames for my family of clubs , however a mate of mine did name his 3w Umberto ! Unfortunately for Umberto he was under house arrest ( never got out of the bag much ) due to underperforming lol. Think it was excommunicated, at some point lmao )

Nope, just call them what they are although the word "Misdirected" has come up among my playing partners when i'm gaming my Directed Force putter and can't sink a thing.

Back